1 2 3 Previous Next 99 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2008 1:20 PM by Jeron Coolman

PPro CS3 3.1.1 update

RDA972 Level 3
      How is it that nobody is talking about the abovementioned update which is available for download?
      It says : "Leopard compatibility and a few fixes".
      I wonder what these are though.
        • 1. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
          Bill Heslip Level 1
          Thanks for pointing that out, Robert. Maybe us PC users got something worthwhile, too. Just maybe.
          • 2. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
            Level 1
            Can someone list the fixes? It is still not available on the download page.

Thanks!
            • 3. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
              Level 1
              I don't know how they operate today, but back in the mid to late 90's, Avid snail mailed disks with free updates/fixes. A brochure was enclosed that listed the fixes and known problems that still needed to be fixed. Upgrade disks included a brochure that detailed system requirements. They also documented new features, bug fixes, etc.
              • 4. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                Harm Millaard Level 7
                Help/Updates does not find it either.
                • 5. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                  Jeron Coolman Level 1
                  >How is it that nobody is talking about the abovementioned update which is available for download?

There's an update?

:)
                  • 6. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                    Sheri Codiana Level 1
                    There's a readme file that's installed with the update. It's not just Leopard fixes, it includes other Mac and Windows fixes also.

It should go up on Adobe.com soon.

Sheri
                    • 7. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                      RDA972 Level 3
                      "There's an update?"

Indeed there is but I forgot to say it's ony available via the Adobe Updater for the time being.
                      • 8. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                        Harm Millaard Level 7
                        It is not. I tried it and nothing is available, unless you mean 3.1.0
                        • 9. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                          Level 1
                          Can someone list the fixes from the read me file?
                          • 10. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                            RDA972 Level 3
                            "I tried it and nothing is available, unless you mean 3.1.0"

I sure mean 3.1.1 and I must add it installed without a hitch on my Vista Ultmate machine. In addition to that, the read me file states that no fewer than 30 bugs (both PC & Mac) have been fixed. All I can say is, "Wow, Adobe just keep up the good work!"
                            • 11. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                              Jeron Coolman Level 1
                              > Can someone list the fixes from the read me file?

Please?
                              • 12. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                RDA972 Level 3
                                "Can someone list the fixes from the read me file? "

As I said earlier, 30 bugs got corrected. As a result, I am afraid the list is too long to post here.
                                Just navigate to the read me file to see what bugs have been fixed once you have successfully downloaded and installed the 3.1.1 patch via the Adobe updater, I hasten to add.
                                • 13. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                  RDA972 Level 3
                                  OK, I bow to pressure, here are the fixes :

* A crash when closing the titler, or creating a new title has been fixed.

* Applying a single-sided transition with no border to a video clip in the V2 track or higher, now functions correctly.

* Export Audio from Source Monitor no longer results in an error message.

* Rendering a Gradient Wipe transition no longer causes Premiere Pro to hang.

* Conflicts between start timecode of P2 clips displayed in the project panel and the correct source start timecode have
                                  been resolved.

* Scrubbing a clip in the source or program monitor that was imported from an external drive no longer causes an
                                  application hang.

* QT footage captured in FCP will correctly retain the tape timecode.

* Errors in MPEG files that appeared as red frames have been corrected.

* Exported P2 clips that have an in point other than 00:00:00:00 and span two or more MXF files, no longer show a ! in the P2 viewer and P2 camera.

* In and Out points for P2 clips imported from spanned cards are now reported correctly.

* A crash when selecting System Default for the Audio device on Leopard has been fixed.

* A crash when capturing QuickTime movies has been fixed.

* A crash after playback using Matrox MXO no longer occurs.

* Keyboard shortcuts for Insert or Overlay edits from the Source monitor when other panels (Timeline, Program, etc.) have focus now function correctly.

* Cropping of highlighted text and timecode fields on Leopard has been fixed.

* A memory leak when the consolidated titler window was opened or closed has been corrected.

* A bug in Export to Tape resulting in no video output to your device has been fixed.

* Serial device controller now correctly puts your device in record mode during Export to Tape.

* Longer exports to AME from the timeline are now able to be completed.

* Third-party After Effects plug-ins that use sequence data are now working correctly.

* An error when rendering audio transitions that resulted in an application hang has been fixed.

* Export Movie of an audio-only clip from Source Monitor now works correctly.

* Using the Slip tool in the Timeline, on a clip that was trimmed in the Source panel no longer causes a crash.

* On Mac, canceling Export To Tape while using non-DV device controller no longer locks user out of UI.

* Matrox importer is correctly called to rename files from Save Captured File dialog.

* An Adobe Premiere Pro hang when attempting to cancel a second export to tape with Serial device control, has been fixed.

* Truncation of timecode in the Capture Window timecode field has been fixed.

* A bug in which Bandpass, Highpass, Lowpass, Notch and Parametric EQ Cutoff or Center parameter values of 1,000.00 Hz or greater are incorrectly displayed, has been corrected.

* Adobe Premiere Pro no longer crashes on quit ( for second & subsequent launches) when installed via Master Collection Suite.

* Adobe Premiere Pro no longer crashes when exporting to h.264 format.
                                  • 14. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                    Harm Millaard Level 7
                                    Funny, it does not work from Premiere but does work from Bridge or Encore. Downloading now.....
                                    • 15. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                      RDA972 Level 3
                                      That's good to know.
                                      • 16. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                        Level 1
                                        I was going to post the information this morning, but it looks like I was beaten to the punch...
                                        • 17. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                          creig bryan-mUOxt4 Level 1
                                          Congrats to Adobe for releasing a patch kit replete with a list of repairs. This is truly different. Truly, worthy of a movie quote:

"I'll alert the media!"

Keep Smiling
                                          • 18. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                            Level 1
                                            Too bad the bug with the application of presets to VST audio effects via the mixer was not fixed!
                                            • 19. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                              Jeron Coolman Level 1
                                              Sigh, still no audio wave form display on multi-cam HDV sequences :(
                                              • 20. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                RDA972 Level 3
                                                "I was going to post the information this morning, but it looks like I was beaten to the punch..."

Well, I guess I was faster out of the blocks. :)
                                                But, to be perfectly honest, I don't mind being pipped for first place when the time comes to announce the next patch some users are apparently longing for.
                                                • 21. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                  Sheri Codiana Level 1
                                                  The update is now live on Adobe.com.

Sheri
                                                  • 22. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                    Level 1
                                                    I am downloading the update now from Premiere and it is working fine so far.

I just want to say thanks to the Premiere team for the recent batch of fixes. Keep up the good work and remember we are grateful but there are other bug fixes that need attention when you're done with 3.1.1.

I will keep filing bug reports and feature requests.

• 23. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                      Level 1
                                                      "I just want to say thanks to the Premiere team for the recent batch of fixes. Keep up the good work and remember we are grateful but there are other bug fixes that need attention when you're done with 3.1.1."

Ditto...

Thanks, guys!
                                                      • 25. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                        Level 1
                                                        Silly question...

Are updates retroactive? What if I missed one?
                                                        • 26. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                          Level 1
                                                          > ... we are grateful but there are other bug fixes that need attention when you're done with 3.1.1.

Guys, if they have released 3.1.1 then they ARE DONE! ... or are you suggesting the 3.1.1 is a 'beta bug fix'?

Baz
                                                          (ps. Can someone let me know when it is safe to go back to CS3 for HDV work?)
                                                          • 27. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                            Level 1
                                                            >Are updates retroactive?

My understanding is yes. The most recent covers the earlier stuff unless specifically stated.
                                                            • 28. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                              the_wine_snob Level 9
                                                              In the past, with PS, AI and many other Adobe programs, if there was a requirement for sequential updates being applied (say, 4.1, 4.2, then 4.3), the Adobe Updater would download and install these, in the order necessary. However, most updates (other programs from Adobe, as I'm still on PP2 and there were no updates for it) are roll-ups and include everything that previous issues included. With the few exceptions, Adobe Updater took care of it all.

Maybe now is the time to get CS3... or wait for CS4, as I'm not doing anything with HD.

Hunt
                                                              • 29. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                                Sheri Codiana Level 1
                                                                The most recent update includes all previous updates, so you only need to apply the latest.

This isn't a beta release, this update is GM and completed.

Sheri
                                                                • 30. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                                  Now, I'm really frustrated. For as long as the 3.1 patch has been out, I have been trying to install it to no avail. I thought that the release of the 3.1.1 patch would solve that issue today. However, I receive the same "Installation was Unsuccessful" message when I try to install it through Adobe Updater, or through the file I downloaded off the site.

Does anyone have any theories as to why this is happening? I have already re-installed my whole Production Premium CS3 software, and that did not solve the issue.

Thanks in advance
                                                                  • 31. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                                    Level 1
                                                                    Guy,

Firewall? Administration rights?
                                                                    • 32. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                                      Interestingly enough, Adobe Updater picked up the Premier CS3 update, downloaded it, tried to install it and failed with "Unable to find a product to be updated.".

After a second of surprize on my side - I have Adobe Master Collection - I went to Adobe website and downloaded update from there. That time, the update did install correctly.

What's more, my export to H.264 with YouTube profile now works fine without the "Multiplexing failed" error.

Great job, Adobe!
                                                                      Thanks!
                                                                      • 33. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                                        Level 1
                                                                        Howard:

I have no firewall and all administration rights. All of the other patches install without issue.
                                                                        • 34. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                                          Jeron Coolman Level 1
                                                                          >Can someone let me know when it is safe to go back to CS3 for HDV work?

Baz, if you need to see an audio wave form on multi-cam clips, then it isn't "safe" yet :)

That single bug adds a good 25% more time to my workflow.

I'll switch back to CS3 to try out 3.1.1 on a simple HDV project this weekend. I'm still traumatized by the CS3 capture tool bugs, so I'll let someone else be the guinea pig for that.
                                                                          • 35. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                                            Level 1
                                                                            Hi Jeron -

Could you describe better what's the problem with the multi-cam waveforms, possibly with a screen shot? Or point me to another thread with a full description of the problem? I may have missed the original thread...

Thanks
                                                                            • 36. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                                              Jeron Coolman Level 1
                                                                              I'd be glad to describe it again right here, Wil. It is easy to duplicate.

Just create a muti-cam sequence by sync'ing two or more HDV clips in it. I always use the numbered marker option.

Then create a target sequence then drop the HDV multi-cam sequence in it. Right click that nested multi-cam sequence and pick Multi-Camera->Enable to "turn on" the multi-cam editing mode.

Look at the Audio track of that nested HDV multi-cam sequence in the target sequence. I never see a wave form.

I am pretty sure Premiere Pro 2.0 would show the wave form of the audio of an HDV multi-cam sequence sitting in a target sequence and I am pretty sure other forms of media show the audio wave form.

Does this make sense? I'm not too sure on the official nomenclature that is used when working with multi-cam sequences.
                                                                              • 37. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                                                Jeron Coolman Level 1
                                                                                In fact, I can't get the audio wave form of an HDV clip to display for any nested sequence. Just put an HDV clip in sequence "A" then drop that sequence in sequence "B". Sequence "B" won't display an audio wave form from "A".
                                                                                • 38. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                                                  Andy Urtu Level 1
                                                                                  Jeron, I followed your directions. After you create your multi-cam sequence and enable multi-cam you do not see a waveform. Just hit enter and it will render the audio very quickly and then it will start to render video. Just cancel the render and you should see a wave form. I see a waveform on my computer after I render. Again, I do not let it render all of the video previews, just the audio, which Premiere renders first.

Nivida 7900gs graphicc card, Intel E6400 Core Duo,Gigabytete motherboard.
                                                                                  • 39. Re: PPro CS3 3.1.1 update
                                                                                    Colin Brougham Level 6
                                                                                    I don't work with HDV, so I can't test this, but... have you tried marking your work area around the full duration of your sequence (the nested one, I mean), and hitting Enter? Seems to me on the last DV multicam project I did, that after doing this, the waveform appeared. I think it forces PPro to create new CFA and PEK files, instead of referencing the ones from the original clips. It is/would be similar to what happens with effected video all of sudden becoming "unrendered" when one sequence is nested within another.

Anywho... worth a shot :)
                                                                                    1 2 3 Previous Next