3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2008 5:20 AM by Eddie Lotter

Titler: Color Stop question

Ma3rk Level 1
      Hey all,

I'm about half way thru the Classroom in a book for Premiere Pro CS3, in the section for working with titles. One of the solid shape fill options is a 4 Color Gradient.

In the Titler interface, you can set color for the four corners of gradient. I can set the colors fine but just below that is the Color Stop Color option and Color Stop Opacity.

From the online Help:
      ------------------------
      4‑Color Gradient Creates a gradient fill composed of four colors, with a color emanating from each of the objects corners. The Color option specifies the color that emanates from each corner of the object. Double‑click a color stop to choose a color.

The Color Stop Color option and the Color Stop Opacity option specify the color and opacity of the selected color stop. Click the triangle above the color stop and make adjustments as necessary.
      ------------------------

Well, I do NOT see any triangles. Nor does selecting a corner in the Color option area make any difference. In other words, I can't find any way to set the opacity of each corner seperately as indicated in the book & Help file.

So, how is this done?

Thanks,

Mark
        • 1. Re: Titler: Color Stop question
          I hat exactly the same question and asked adobe Livedocs.
          There answer is:
          Good catch! The section in question should read more like this:

The Color option specifies the color that emanates from each corner of the object. Double-click a box at any of the corners to choose a color for that corner.

The Color Stop Color option and the Color Stop Opacity option specify the color and opacity of the lower-right corner. To select a color, do one of the following:
          Click the Color Stop Color palette to open the Color Picker. Then, select a color.
          Click the Color Stop Color eyedropper, and click any color on the screen.

This will be revised in the next version of Adobe Premiere Pro Help.

Greetings Dieter Bienk
          • 2. Re: Titler: Color Stop question
            I don't see any triangles either. I can only use the eyedropper color selector in the lower right, (which is lame; eyedropper color selection should be available for each corner). However, if I close the titler, reopen it, select the upper left color stop box, it then becomes the default. Is this weird or is it me?
            • 3. Re: Titler: Color Stop question
              Eddie Lotter Level 4

This is a known issue in CS3.

Cheers
              Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
              - Over 300 frequently answered questions
              - Over 250 free tutorials
              - Maintained by editors like you
              Forum FAQ