1 2 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2007 1:25 PM by Mortimer IOU

CS3 HELL!!!!!!!

Level 1
      Last night I ordered and downloaded the upgrade to Premiere Pro and was not given a serial number for it or an email confirming my purchase. Since then I have been on the phone for over 3 hours (I'm on the phone now as I am writing) and have been transfered from tech support to customer service, but I still have no serial number. At one point a customer service rep gave me a serial number but it was no good. Typical, Adobe morons. Tech support has also not helped.
        • 1. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
          pmasters8941 Level 1
          Get used it to it. I have went through the same thing with the last couple versions. You would think after all of these past screw ups that Adobe would get it right eventually.
          • 2. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
            Level 1
            If you haven't ordered yet, DON'T!! Just got off the phone with Adobe Corporate. The lady there told me they are having issues generating serial numbers, so it's likely if you order, you will NOT be able to install or use CS3 because you will not get a serial number for it. I was told they would call me back by the end of the day...we'll see.
            • 3. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
              Level 1
              Why don't Adobe people read these forums?
              There are a lot of us with the same issues with serial numbers. I was told I would get a call as well.
              Do you think they would have enough time to call everyone back? It is hard enough to call them ... I am sick of the musak they have playing while on hold ... good thing for 1-800
              • 4. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                Jim_Simon Level 8
                >Why don't Adobe people read these forums?

They're User Forums - for users to help each other. Adobe support is paid only. (Except for installation, which is free by phone.)
                • 5. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                  Level 1
                  Adobe does read these forums. They read the forums even MORE often at product launch times. If you're having troubles of some sort, post them. Adobe reads the posts (and sometimes even does something about them) but just don't expect Adobe to respond to the posts (although, that happens sometimes as well).
                  • 6. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                    Jim_Simon Level 8
                    How do you know?
                    • 7. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                      Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional
                      Jim,

He knows. Trust me.

-Jeff
                      • 8. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                        Eddie Lotter Level 4

I'm with Mitch. I know very few Adobe employees, but I have seen them post occassionally.

Cheers
                        Eddie

Forum FAQ
                        Premiere Pro Wiki
                        - Over 250 frequently answered questions
                        - Over 100 free tutorials
                        - Maintained by editors like you
                        • 9. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                          Steven L. Gotz Level 5
                          I only know of two for sure, but there have been interviews given where Adobe Marketing people said that they watched the forums.

But, they seldom respond, and even less often do they make themselves known. This is not a tech support area and they really don't want it to be looked at as one.
                          • 10. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                            Wade S Zimmerman Level 1
                            banders100 I am certain Adobe will make it right for you, just a temporary glitch.
                            • 11. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                              Level 1
                              ... But if they actually CARED about their customers, they would use these forums as an avenue to IMPROVE the experience with their product. Typical big corporate think.

James
                              • 12. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                Level 1
                                This is good to hear ... and if ADOBE does occasion these forums, I owe, and give, them a sincere apology. But common courtesy bids that they let us know they read these forums by an occasional post. Even if they say "HEY GUYS WE ARE READING YOUR POSTS AND CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS -- ADOBE CORPORATION."

I'm sure if we all had certainty that THEY were reading, we would post an even higher level of comments so that things could really get handled. I know I would. I would complain less and work the problem more. Feeling that no one is listening does not give as much relief to the frustrations, thus they get mixed in and no one benefits as much as they could.

Did you hear this ADOBE?

James Jaeger
                                • 13. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                  Level 1
                                  >... but I still have no serial number. At one point a customer service rep gave me a serial number but it was no good.

I had a similar situation whereby my system crashed before I could DEactivate the software. I had to call them and get a new serial number. It took two calls of of about 10 - 15 minutes each. This is totally unacceptable, and I say this based upon my ability to compare ADOBE's customer service with he customer service provided by FINAL DRAFT PRO and ENTERTAINMENT PARTNERS MOVIE MAGIC, both companies I have had similar activaltion situations with, and both who handled the problem almost instantly. That's the professionalism filmmakers get and expect in the motion picture indusry. Adobe needs to hire more people that come out of the FILM industry and less that come from the COMPUTER industry and MEXICO.

>Typical, Adobe morons.

They're not morons, tey just can SPEAK and UNDERSTAND English very well. ADOBE you need to start hiring U.S. Citizens who speak ENGLISH as their native language to work your public lines.

>Tech support has also not helped.

In fairness to ADOBE, I called customer service in LA on the 3rd and spoke to a guy named James. All I can say is he was one of the best customer service peple I have EVER spoken to. He was totally fluid with English, totally fluid with the product and the even the entirty of NLE. I was very impressed and I took his name and phone number down for future calls if needed.

So this is what I might suggest, TAKE NAMES. Insist on speaking with certain personnel both at tech and cust service BY NAME and eventually, the idiots and morons that can't even communicate will get fired.

Also, take their names for BOTH the good and the bad and post them here. There is no reason we can't contribute to a personnel quality control for ADOBE, because they can have the greatest product in the world but if their cust service sucks who wants to deal with them.

James Jaeger
                                  • 14. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                    Level 1
                                    >But, they seldom respond, and even less often do they make themselves known. This is not a tech support area and they really don't want it to be looked at as one.

Seems to be that charging for technical support is somewhat of a conflict of interest: to the degree ADOBE makes a flawed or onerous product, they generate more revenue for technical support?!

I realize they give s certain amount of tech support free, but where do you really draw the line? If all tech support were free no matter when it was sought, wouldn't this provide ADOBE software engineers impetus to get it right sooner?

James Jaeger
                                    • 15. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                      Harm Millaard Level 7
                                      > Seems to be that charging for technical support is somewhat of a conflict of interest: to the degree ADOBE makes a flawed or onerous product, they generate more revenue for technical support?!

That is not a conflict of interest. That is a profit generator. Entice your engineers to make a flawed product, offer them a bonus to do so (payable out of support profits) and the company has achieved what it set out to do. Just bad luck for the customer, but very good for shareholders like Steven Gotz and the like.
                                      • 16. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                        Steven L. Gotz Level 5
                                        That's just crazy talk. Stockholders like me want maximized profits and while services are becoming a more important part of any systems business, charging for support is not the way to go when it comes to installation support. Adobe does not charge for installation support. It is as simple as that.

If you believe that Adobe creates flaws on purpose, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I would be will to sell you very cheap.
                                        • 17. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                          Level 1
                                          Edited by forum host
                                          • 18. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                            Steven L. Gotz Level 5
                                            Edited by forum host
                                            • 19. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                              Harm Millaard Level 7
                                              b Engineer:
                                              It is not ready to be released yet, we still have problems with ....

b Manager:
                                              I don't care, we have a RTM deadline to meet, so forget about the problems.

b Engineer:
                                              There have been numerous complaints about bugs that we have been able to replicate, I want some time to solve these.

b Manager:
                                              Forget about solving bugs that will hopefully be fixed in the next release, which is due in two years time. Meanwhile the customer is paying for complaining about these bugs, so who are we to complain about? We are profiting enormously from NOT fixing them.

b Engineer:
                                              That does not sound right to me. We ought to deliver the best software we can.

b Manager:
                                              That is why you are an Engineer and I am your Manager. If you don't like it, well, look for another job.....
                                              • 20. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                Level 1
                                                Edited by forum host.

See below
                                                • 21. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                  Mortimer IOU Level 2
                                                  If you all want to complain about Adobe, go right ahead.

We will, however, do our best to maintain a minimum level of decorum.

In this case, personal attacks are not acceptable. Hence the two edits.
                                                  • 22. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                    Level 1
                                                    >That is not a conflict of interest. That is a profit generator.

I guess so, depending on how much they earn for tech support.

>Entice your engineers to make a flawed product, offer them a bonus to do so (payable out of support profits) and the company has achieved what it set out to do. Just bad luck for the customer, but very good for shareholders like Steven Gotz and the like.

As a trustee for a trust that owns a major block of ADOBE stock, I would be quite irritated if I ever suspected that ADOBE was doing this. I'm NOT insinuating they are, nevertheless my comment stands: it is evidence of a conflict of interest to the degree ADOBE fails to participate in these forums yet charges for tech support.

James
                                                    • 23. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                      Installation issues are free of charge.

As far as charging for other tech support - I have never called tech support so I can't say for sure - but others have implied that if your issue is a result of a program limitation and not a user error, then you won't be charged.

Can anyone confirm or deny?
                                                      • 24. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                        Level 1
                                                        >That's just crazy talk. Stockholders like me want maximized profits and while services are becoming a more important part of any systems business, charging for support is not the way to go when it comes to installation support. Adobe does not charge for installation support. It is as simple as that.

Yes, I realize that. That's what I meant by they give a certain amount of tech support away for free.

>If you believe that Adobe creates flaws on purpose, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I would be will to sell you very cheap.

I never said that. Nevertheless, large corporations WILL do whatever they can to "optemize" profits. If ADOBE were to give away more technical support, say here at these fora, then we here at these fora would not need to PAY for technical support contracts as much. This WOULD tend to attenuate ADOBE's cashflow in this department, thus my original statement stands AND my implication that this is a potential conflict of interest, is valid.

As a fiduciary of a fund that owns ADOBE, I get and read the ADOBE 10-K and annual reports every year so I know exactly what the ADOBE CORP is all about and who is managing it ... and I'll say this: They're not that different from any other large corporation as far as greed-level, insensitivity to the enviromnent, the customer and the employee and, like all other large orgaizations, their management is a little insane. Read William Greider's book, THE SOUL OF CAPITALISM to fully get what I mean.

James Jaeger
                                                        • 25. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                          Steven L. Gotz Level 5
                                                          James, it wasn't directed at you. There was a deleted post I was respnding to.

I never meant to say that I liked the way Adobe is run, just that it is like most other companies and would not have bugs on purpose. Once again, a deleted post.

I believe that to a certain extent, you can trust Adobe to do what they believe is best for Adobe. They may be wrong, and often are, in my opinion, but you can be certain that they have their own best interests at heart.

It is just a fact of life that some companies figure out how to get the most out of every dollar by keeping their customers happy. And it is a joy to buy from those companies. But even those companies act out of their own best interests. Or, what they believe to be their own best interests.
                                                          • 26. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                            Level 1
                                                            > As far as charging for other tech support - I have never called tech support so I can't say for sure - but others have implied that if your issue is a result of a program limitation and not a user error, then you won't be charged.

> Can anyone confirm or deny?

I can confirm that Adobe doesn't charge if you find a glitch. I called last year when I was having issues with CS3, but wasn't even asked regarding payment. In fact, I have never met anyone who has payed for tech-support (other than the yearly contract).

So...has anyone actually paid for tech support?
                                                            • 27. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                              Level 1
                                                              Too funny.

James
                                                              • 28. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                                Level 1
                                                                Hey, don't censor this. I want to hear what is being said. If you are censoring these, it tends to make me suspect what's being said has some truth to it. Please explain.

James Jaeger,
                                                                Stockholder
                                                                • 29. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                                  Level 1
                                                                  Who are you?

James Jaeger,
                                                                  Stockholder
                                                                  • 30. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                                    Steven L. Gotz Level 5
                                                                    Nothing serious, I was insulted for being an Adobe lacky and he used unsavory language. I got mad and called him a name. End of story pretty much. I actually wanted that one censored, but I should not have called him a name.
                                                                    • 31. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                                      Level 1
                                                                      >James, it wasn't directed at you. There was a deleted post I was respnding to.

I see. No prob anyway.

>I never meant to say that I liked the way Adobe is run, just that it is like most other companies and would not have bugs on purpose.

You're probably correct. They are in heavy competition with FCP and AVID and others so I'm sure they are striving to create the best product they can. Where they may get into trouble, as I mentioned in last post, is trying to bite off more than they can chew, ie creating nes bells and whistles BEFORE they handle all the past verson's bugs.

>I believe that to a certain extent, you can trust Adobe to do what they believe is best for Adobe. They may be wrong, and often are, in my opinion, but you can be certain that they have their own best interests at heart.

Yes.

>It is just a fact of life that some companies figure out how to get the most out of every dollar by keeping their customers happy. And it is a joy to buy from those companies. But even those companies act out of their own best interests. Or, what they believe to be their own best interests.

Well ADOBE's best interests are to terminatedly hand all bugs in each version BEFORE advancing. This makes good house keeping sense. I can see how the marketing dept pushes the tech guys, but the techies of the world need to stand up for what's right. No?

James
                                                                      • 32. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                                        Jim_Simon Level 8
                                                                        >you can be certain that [Adobe] have their own best interests at heart.

Therein lies the problem with too many organizations. When the focus shifts away from customer service, and towards profits, things go awry.

An organization exists to serve it's publics, whether a business, a government, or a non-profit. The group exists to serve a sector or sectors of public. There is no other purpose. Lose that focus, concentrate or prioritize on self-interest, and we all lose.
                                                                        • 33. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                                          Level 1
                                                                          It figures adobe would censor us, but now they've reached a new low, by DEACTIVATING my software. I have disputed my charges with my credit card company.
                                                                          • 34. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                                            Level 1
                                                                            ADOBE SUCKS!
                                                                            • 35. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                                              Level 1
                                                                              HOW MANY ******* TIMES CAN YOU CENSOR US!!
                                                                              • 36. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                                                Mortimer IOU Level 2
                                                                                banders100

You should know that no one, and that means no one, that is a regular poster on this forum has the power to do anything to help you with your problems with Adobe.

However, you can still complain all you want if that floats your boat, and the only censoring will be for personal attacks and bad language.

Those are the standards everyone else here is willing to go by. I hope you will as well.
                                                                                • 37. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                                                  Level 1
                                                                                  Beg to differ, but one of the posts that was censored mentioned a competitor who frequently has tech support monitor boards and actually help resolve issues. Obviously Adobe has decided not to particpate in this level of support. I have returned the purchase to adobe and am patiently awaiting a refund. I have gone back to using Avid Express and DVDit ProHD, both of which are far superior to Adobe anyway.
                                                                                  Here's a link that all of you CS3 owners will eventually need.

http://www.adobe.com/support/service/ts/documents/lod/lod_return.pdf
                                                                                  • 38. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                                                    Level 1
                                                                                    PS.

There also seems to be a double-standard going here. I have seen several posts on this site and others by a Steven Gotz who continually berates anyone who criticizes adobe. My earlier censored statement only stated the truth: That Gotz is linked so closely with adobe (via cavity area, if you know what I mean) that he wreaks of human waste.
                                                                                    There. Can't say it any more PC than that. Gotz, YOU STINK!
                                                                                    • 39. Re: CS3 HELL!!!!!!!
                                                                                      >I have gone back to using Avid Express and DVDit ProHD, both of which are far superior to Adobe anyway.

If you really believe that, then why on earth did you pony up the cash to buy (or upgrade) the CS3 Suite?

And if you want to restate you opinion about competitors who monitor their boards, please try again without the offensive language. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
                                                                                      1 2 Previous Next