I'm exporting from HDV project to H.264. I'm keeping the original resolution at 1440x1080, 16:9 aspect ration, and original framerate of 29.97. The viewing media will be my 1080p TV (from computer and PS3 output, no blue ray disk) and computer monitors.
1. Should I set the encoder to create progressive field order?
2. What are the advantages/disadvantages?
3. If I go progressive, do I need to change the frame rate to 59.94 or some other fps.
4. What is the impact of future editing of a progressive file vs. interlaced.
5. If I go progressive, is it as simple as setting the filed order in Media Encoder to "None (Progressive)" or are there other settings that I need to set or a specific work flow to follow?
6. How about DV conversion to progressive H.264? Would all the questions/answers above apply the same way.