12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2007 5:07 AM by (jujufactory)

keylight again

dericktrotter Level 1
      I have done alot of work on a clip to put someone in a car that is moving
      using chroma key.....but the prem pro chroma key is so bad I cant use it
      ......how can I get it into AE and back into prem pro with all the key
      points just so I can use the key light plugin,,,,,,why is it we buy a
      product from adobe and can only use a plugin in one of the applications
      knowing it will be useful in others....
      By the way I have tried using AE and seems I gota learn a whole new prog
      just to do a simple job that I should be able to do in prem pro with good
      results....... ultra is a waste of time to.

thanks
      Mike
        • 1. Re: keylight again
          Harm Millaard Level 7
          > I have tried using AE and seems I gota learn a whole new prog

Not surprising since it is a different application.

> ultra is a waste of time to.

Only for those who do not know how to use it.

I suggest you start doing some reading.
          • 2. Re: keylight again
            dericktrotter Level 1
            Thanks for your advice .... was really helpful......<br /><br />Was hoping for someone with a little more savy to answer me....<br />I have used Ultra and its not all that good ...... If it was why not bolt it <br />to the Prem Pro application, and why have Keylight in AE why not use Ultra <br />if its so good .....<br />Anyway .HAPPY NEW YEAR friend .<br /><br />Mike<br /><br /><br /><Harm_Millaard@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3c05ac57.0@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />><br />><br />>      I have tried using AE and seems I gota learn a whole new prog<br />><br />><br />><br />><br />> Not surprising since it is a different application.<br />><br />>      ultra is a waste of time to.<br />><br />><br />><br />><br />> Only for those who do not know how to use it.<br />><br />> I suggest you start doing some reading.
            • 3. Re: keylight again
              Level 1
              >I have used Ultra and its not all that good ...... If it was why not bolt it to the Prem Pro application, and why have Keylight in AE why not use Ultra if its so good .....

Serious Magic was purchased by Adobe before the release of CS3. Ultra was a stand alone application before Adobe bought it. Ultra was not designed as a plug-in, so to combine the two stand alone applications would be a Herculean effort; it would never have made it into CS3.

As for Keylight... well that's been a part of AE for a few versions. Removing the plug-in would render projects made in previous AE versions unusable.

What about Ultra did you not like?
              • 4. Re: keylight again
                dericktrotter Level 1
                Well that explains a good few things Jeff......   What I am trying to do is <br />to put a person in a car using green keying...... but the car is moving and <br />the camera goes in and then out again ..so there is a lot of key frames <br />....... which I have already done ...... the prob I have is getting it to do <br />a nice clean key......no halos ..... i cannot see how it can be done in <br />Ultra unless every thing is the size you want when you start ...... I do <br />subscribe to lynda .com and have watched the tutorial ....  but they do not <br />show how to match up two tracks and use the keying  let alone key frames <br />..... I have done a test in AE using key light  and it works well ..... then <br />I go to export it into prem pro which there is an option only to find when I <br />open it in prem that it tells me the keylight plugin is missing ....... so <br />whats the point of that option...... and i'm not asking for it to be removed <br />just added to Prem Pro ..... which is all in the same suite I purchased.<br /><br />HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU my friend.<br /><br />Mike<br /><br /><br />"Jeff Schell" <trainer@jeffschell.com> wrote in message <br />news:3c05ac57.2@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />><br />><br />>      I have used Ultra and its not all that good ...... If it was why not <br />> bolt<br />>      it to the Prem Pro application, and why have Keylight in AE why not <br />> use<br />>      Ultra if its so good .....<br />><br />><br />><br />><br />> Serious Magic was purchased by Adobe before the release of CS3. Ultra was <br />> a stand alone application before Adobe bought it. Ultra was not designed <br />> as a plug-in, so to combine the two stand alone applications would be a <br />> Herculean effort; it would never have made it into CS3.<br />><br />> As for Keylight... well that's been a part of AE for a few versions. <br />> Removing the plug-in would render projects made in previous AE versions <br />> unusable.<br />><br />> What about Ultra did you not like?
                • 5. Re: keylight again
                  Harm Millaard Level 7
                  Start reading on chroma keying. Your material is just not suitable since you shot it the wrong way. Reshoot and read about lighting too.
                  • 6. Re: keylight again
                    dericktrotter Level 1
                    If you read my last post properly you will see I have had a good result <br />using key light it  was more or less perfect ..... How on earth you can say <br />i have shot it the wrong way without seeing it is a stupid let alone <br />tactless comment ........I have read and watch lots of lighting and keying <br />tutorials just maybe I am a perfectionist........I wont be nasty to you as <br />nature has done that ....... Try thinking in a more constructive way and <br />helping on this forum........ we are all here for help and advice......you <br />dont know what I do or what i have read you just assume .....Just wish I was <br />as cleaver as you are ..... NOT.<br /><br />Why you post is beyond me..... you must get some sort of "I know more than <br />you" kind kick out of it.<br /><br />Mike<br /><br /><Harm_Millaard@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3c05ac57.4@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Start reading on chroma keying. Your material is just not suitable since <br />> you shot it the wrong way. Reshoot and read about lighting too.
                    • 7. Re: keylight again
                      Level 1
                      If you have AE and PPro and both were purchased together, you should have the Dynamic Link feature in PPro. This will let you import any AE composition as a clip to be used in PPro, even if Pro doesn't have access to the same plug-ins.

In PPro, choose File > Adobe Dynamic Link > Import After Effects Composition. Then navigate and find your AE project, and select the composition.

The other method to get your AE composition into PPro is to render out the composition to a movie file from AE, and then import it as a clip in PPro.
                      • 8. Re: keylight again
                        Dag Norum Level 2
                        Mike,
                        >maybe I am a perfectionist

Maybe you should take a look at this:

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/keycorrect.html

Find the demo video on it.

I haven't used it myself, but it sure looks fine.

Dag
                        • 9. Re: keylight again
                          dericktrotter Level 1
                          Thanks Jeff and Dag.<br />        I will try the Dynamic Link first ......I have done some trials in <br />AE and rendered to avi   and that works fine ......Just seemed to be a long <br />way round when the keylight could be in Prem Pro..<br /><br />Thanks again.<br />Mike<br /><br /><br /><Dag_Norum@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3c05ac57.7@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Mike,<br />><br />>      maybe I am a perfectionist<br />><br />><br />><br />><br />> Maybe you should take a look at this:<br />><br />> <a href=http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/keycorrect.html><br />><br />> Find the demo video on it.<br />><br />> I haven't used it myself, but it sure looks fine.<br />><br />> Dag
                          • 10. Re: keylight again
                            Level 1
                            What camera did you use to shoot the SFX/chroma key shots?
                            • 11. Re: keylight again
                              Level 1
                              Serious Magic Ultra is a great program. Perhaps the best Blue screen software out there. That is why Adobe bought it. I used it and it works great. It will always give you better results than the Premiere blue screen function.

Now I don't know if you're using Aspect or any specific type of codec, but what you need to do is render back and forth. It's the only way this will work.

You may also want to check out this one: http://fxhome.com/compositelab/pro
                              • 12. Re: keylight again
                                dericktrotter Level 1
                                I have just got the quality I want thanks Jeff......I did the keying with AE <br />using key light and used Dynamic link to Prem..... Did a crash course with <br />lynda.com to set up AE and did a good job ......thanks again.<br /><br />Mike<br /><br /><br /><br />"Jeff Schell" <trainer@jeffschell.com> wrote in message <br />news:3c05ac57.6@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> If you have AE and PPro and both were purchased together, you should have <br />> the Dynamic Link feature in PPro. This will let you import any AE <br />> composition as a clip to be used in PPro, even if Pro doesn't have access <br />> to the same plug-ins.<br />><br />> In PPro, choose File > Adobe Dynamic Link > Import After Effects <br />> Composition. Then navigate and find your AE project, and select the <br />> composition.<br />><br />> The other method to get your AE composition into PPro is to render out the <br />> composition to a movie file from AE, and then import it as a clip in PPro.