5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2007 7:59 AM by (JamesJaeger)

Hardware/software requirements ?

Level 1
      What are hardware/software requirements for cs2 ?
      Trial version can't start at my AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Dual Core 4200
      with NVidia GeForce 6100
      on Window XP (32bit),
      error message about missing function/procedure call in some dll ...
        • 1. Re: Hardware/software requirements ?
          Eddie Lotter Level 4

It was quite easy finding it from the product home page: See here.

Since you're posting in the CS3 forum I take it CS2 was a typo on your part.

Cheers
          Eddie

Forum FAQ
          Premiere Pro Wiki
          - Over 250 frequently answered questions
          - Over 100 free tutorials
          - Maintained by editors like you
          • 2. Re: Hardware/software requirements ?
            Level 1
            There is a similar error that occurs in Premiere Elements 3 when you don't have Service Pack 2 installed.

Does this doc seem like it describes the issue?
            http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=333445
            • 3. Re: Hardware/software requirements ?
              Level 1
              >What are hardware/software requirements for cs2 ?

I am seeking an answer to the same Q.

I did speak to a knowledgeable guy at ADOBE a few days ago and he said to stick with the INTEL processors. He also said the QUAD processors will do best and mentioned the T7800 chip set. Does that mean anything to anyone here?

James

P.S. If any of you guys want to talk by phone on any of this stuff, call me at 310/499-7110 and let me know the best time to call you back. I'll pay for the call. PLEASE don't call unless you have been editing for AT LEAST 10 years and been on Premiere products for at least 5 years. Thanks. I will post, as time permitts, any knowledge learned in the calls for the benefit of all others here.
              • 4. Re: Hardware/software requirements ?
                Steven L. Gotz Level 5
                James,

I would be happy to discuss this with you but I am on vacation with my wife this week.

I can tell you that the Intel Quad Core chips work great. Thrown in two of them and 4GB RAM and your system will fly. But one will do the trick pretty well.

All of the surrent chips are good enough to handle Adobe products.
                • 5. Re: Hardware/software requirements ?
                  Level 1
                  <James, I would be happy to discuss this with you but I am on vacation with my wife this week. <br /><br />Yes, feel free to call me any time.  I would very much like to talk with you sometime.<br /><br />>I can tell you that the Intel Quad Core chips work great. Thrown in two of them and 4GB RAM and your system will fly. But one will do the trick pretty well. <br /><br />Yes, I bet it would fly with 2 Quad Cores.  My TD says he has a good deal on a quad processor for something like $350, but I have no idea if this is a good deal.  I also have no idea whether a quad will work in my motherboard, the  D955XBK.  I spent some time at Intel's site last night and it seems this bd will not handle a Quad, so this would probably mean I will have to dump my motherbd in order to get into a Quad.<br /><br />Intel has all these looney names for their processors -- CORE 2 DUO, CORE 2 QUAD, CORE 2 EXTREME, XEON -- one hardly knows what's what.       <br /><br />James<br /><br />All of the surrent chips are good enough to handle Adobe products.