8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2008 5:05 PM by shooternz

Bootcamp and CS3 question...

shooternz Level 6
      Anyone using Bootcamp (Mac) and XP Pro and CS3....does it work?

I am considering it and would like to hear your experience (pros /cons etc)
        • 1. Re: Bootcamp and CS3 question...
          shooternz Level 6
          hmmmm... no one seems to be into it!

I asked a few local editors and puter techs and they are really digging Bootcamp. Even a local NLE builder is suggesting this route as opposed to building PCs.

I am going to do it anyway. The advantage of a high performance 64 bit Mac and Windows with CS3. I cant wait.... Best of both worlds.
          • 2. Re: Bootcamp and CS3 question...
            Jim_Simon Level 8
            That presumes there's something good about the Mac world.
            • 3. Re: Bootcamp and CS3 question...
              shooternz Level 6
              Matter of fact is there is... but it requires an open mind and a paradigm adjustment to get it.

I have been down the track of PC Suites, then a Mac Suite then a Hybrid Suite ( FCP and CS3 in the Mac suite).

Worked out I can save a lot of grief and bother by running the Hybrid suite on a Windows platform via Bootcamp. I am at heart and soul a "windows guy" and Premieres biggest fan.

This concept maintains PC and Mac capability when I need it and my many legacy projects will be easier to access. Plus many of the talented people / artists I collaborate with are 'Mac fiends' and still having that capabilty in my suites for them is an advantage.
              • 4. Re: Bootcamp and CS3 question...
                creig bryan-mUOxt4 Level 1
                > "...but it requires an open mind and a paradigm adjustment..."

"Most" folks seem to have installed Paradigm Shift Blocking Software (PSBS)
                i in
                their systems. And because of its very nature, any subsequent updates to the PSBS itself are also shunned.

Keep Smiling
                • 5. Re: Bootcamp and CS3 question...
                  Jim_Simon Level 8
                  (I was just kidding. I do know the world of digital content creation leans very heavily towards Macs. But I still like to bust on Mac users.)
                  • 6. Re: Bootcamp and CS3 question...
                    Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional
                    Hey Jim - to let the rest of us in on your jokes, you need to use smileys!

It only makes you look a little stupid and goofy, and it's entertaining for the textually-challenged among us.

:) :D ;)

(See? I used smileys and now you know I'm just kidding.)

-Jeff
                    • 7. Re: Bootcamp and CS3 question...
                      Jim_Simon Level 8
                      I thought HTML was off, and they wouldn't work. Man I just wish things would go back to normal.
                      • 8. Re: Bootcamp and CS3 question...
                        shooternz Level 6
                        I do my best to ignore my many 'Mac-nazi' friends one-eyed view of the world of computers. They have their Paradigm Shift Blocking Software (PSBS) turned to high.

Its just the way they live....

Funny thing is 25% of them are copywriters (word wranglers) and can not even get an animated gif to show in their emails yet they run the latest and greatest Mac notebooks. I in turn bombard them with gifs and that annoys the sh*t out of them.