14 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2009 11:16 AM by Harm Millaard

Testing a Matrox RT.X2

Steven L. Gotz Level 5
      OK, besides the fact that creating a new Matrox project causes a splash screen with audio to come up, I have a lot to learn and a lot of testing to do of my "borrowed" Matrox RT.X2. (Matrox loaned it to me in the hopes that I would stop saying how unnecessary the board was and maybe say something nice instead. We'll see.) But where to start?

I suppose I will capture some footage and apply a bunch of effects that are available to Cineform users, and a bunch that aren't. My main concern is how little rendering I can get away with while editing and how good it looks unrendered. I also want to know if there is an advantage during export back to M2T so I can write the M2T to a standard DVD and play it in HiDef on my Linkplayer2 DVD player.

I have an HDTV connected to the RT.X2 via component outputs, and so far I have been pleased with the differences between my old Parhelia APVe and the RT.X2. The RT.X2 seems to require less effort to get the picture out to the HDTV. No jumps or gaps during startup. Nice.

So, what do you want to know. Is there something I can try for you? What are your main concerns?