9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2008 3:09 PM by Steven L. Gotz

Problems with exporting video

Hello,
      i am an beginner, i just edited a video and i wanted to add the black bars(widescreen) but i couldnt figure out how. Some poeple told me that my project was already widescreen and if i export it the bars will be there automaticly.
      Well i exported my file and i got sum weird things.
      i made some footage larger with scale(motion), but when i export i see the original size. also the transitions effects. the dip to white when it hapents i see it all over the screen so on the black bars on the left and right.

My sequence window shows everything normal(no widescren borders) and i also selected FIT so i can control the motion scale.

After exporting it to AVI uncompressed i get weird stuff.

Can someboy help me with this. i just want to export the video just the way i have edited it(just the way my window sequence shows is) and with the black borders(widescreen).

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Problems with exporting video
          Try, File, Export, Movie.......
          This will export everything in your timeline as an avi file, it will be large but should contain everything the way you did it.
          • 2. Re: Problems with exporting video
            Level 1
            Thanks for your reply,
            i did that i exported as avi(uncompressed) first i could open it in wondows media player ad i saw the problems later i coulndnt even open it on windows media player i only got the audio.

But am trying now to export as avi then import again in p.p.c3 and tehn export again. its weird if i open it with media player i dont see the widescreen bars but if i import it in sony vegas or cs3 i get everythign normal

thanks annyway i will let u know when its done:)
            • 3. Re: Problems with exporting video
              Level 1
              i did export now the way u said,
              in my sequence window is everything precicely done everything looks tight.

but if i export and import again in cs3 now i get 2 thin black bars on the top and the bottom plus 2 bars (thikker) on the left and the right
              but i dont see none of this bars on my sequence window.

Plus the shots which i made extra large with motion are the original size now.

is there any other way to export the sqeuence as it displays in the program self?

perhaps export options?

thanks
              • 4. Re: Problems with exporting video
                Level 1
                Thanks for your reply, did that i exported as avi(uncompressed) first i could open it in wondows media player ad i saw the problems later i coulndnt even open it on windows media player i only got the audio.

But am trying now to export as avi then import again in p.p.c3 and tehn export again. its weird if i open it with media player i dont see the widescreen bars but if i import it in sony vegas or cs3 i get everythign normal

thanks annyway i will let u know when its done:)

did export now the way u said, in my sequence window is everything precicely done everything looks tight.

but if i export and import again in cs3 now i get 2 thin black bars on the top and the bottom plus 2 bars (thikker) on the left and the right
                but i dont see none of this bars on my sequence window.

Plus the shots which i made extra large with motion are the original size now.

is there any other way to export the sqeuence as it displays in the program self?

perhaps export options?

thanks
                • 5. Re: Problems with exporting video
                  Eddie Lotter Level 4
                  There are links to many free tutorials in the PremiereProPedia that will quickly show you how things are done in PPro:
                  http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Category%3aTutorials :)

Cheers
                  Eddie
                  http://ppro.wikia.com/ The PremiereProPedia
                  • 6. Re: Problems with exporting video
                    I need some help with exporting. I just don't think I am getting the best quality possible when I burn it to DVD. I usually just export it as an AVI and then I use Windows Vista DVD maker. The quality just seems so poor as to what it should be.
                    Does anyone have any recomendations for any particular setting, or ways to export to maximize quality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
                    • 7. Re: Problems with exporting video
                      Jim_Simon Level 8
                      Use Encore. I find the Automatic transcode setting quite good for most material under 2 hours.
                      • 8. Re: Problems with exporting video
                        Level 1
                        Hello people this i swhat i mean!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgw3jVTdoZY

please check de link then u will understand.
                        • 9. Re: Problems with exporting video
                          Steven L. Gotz Level 5
                          Your link does not take us to a particular video, just a menu of videos. Which one should we look at?