12 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2008 1:28 PM by akribie

Titler Template window

akribie Level 2
      CS3 titler templates are supposed to be accessible via the template button or CTRL-J from within the titler.

On my system (Win XP SP2. NVidea 8800GTX latest driver) the template window opens, but the selection drop-down menu at top right is partially hidden behind the top blue bar. All I can do is to scroll down the list of headings, with only one partially visible at a time in the single-line window. No selections are possible

I've tried starting PPro CS3 with CTRL+ALT+SHIFT to reset preferences, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

I've also tried changing workspace, to no effect.

I can, through this retarded interface, just about manage to invoke a random (I can't see which one it is in the menu) template via the "New Title based on Template" option, but can get nothing from the Template interface within the titler.

Any hints on returning things to normal?
        • 1. Re: Titler Template window
          Steven L. Gotz Level 5
          Sounds like a video driver issue. Are you sure you have the latest and greatest?
          • 2. Re: Titler Template window
            akribie Level 2
            Thanks, Steven. You prompted me to experiment further.

Yes, I do have the latest 8800GTX driver.

It is a bug.

I run twin monitors with the primary on the right and the secondary on the left.

With the non-maximised Premiere window dragged across two monitors, the bug is exposed.

With the Premiere window maximised in the primary monitor, the problem is cured.

With Premiere maximised on the secondary monitor, the problem is acute.

With the monitors swapped to put the primary on the left, all is OK again.

If anyone else would like to run an experiment to see if this can be reproduced on non-nVidia graphics that would be very useful in narrowing the source.

We had problems with titler functions on secondary displays in earlier versions of this titler going back to P6.5, so I'm suspicious it is a Premiere issue. I'll post a bug report in case.
            • 3. Re: Titler Template window
              Level 1
              Hi David,

take a look at this thread:
              Nvidia 8800GTS - a good video card for Premiere ?
              (last post made on Feb.29 )

Harm, a user here, listed a problem with "overlays" , to this date I still don't understand what the exact problem is, but it may be a problem with your 8800 series video card also.

Direct quote:
              " Harm Millaard - 11:44am Jan 8, 08 PST (#1 of 8)

It is the best price/performance card available today, but it might be overkill for a simple NLE like PP. If you are into 3D, using Maya, Vue, Poser, 3DS, or similar you will benefit. Be aware however that the current drivers have some problems with overlay. "
              • 4. Re: Titler Template window
                Level 1
                I have an ATI graphic card and I have been unable to reproduce your problem.
                I have no solution to offer other then the obvious one: is it absolutely necessary for you to put the primary on the right?
                • 5. Re: Titler Template window
                  Steven L. Gotz Level 5
                  I run my primary on the right and secondary on the left. "Great minds" and all that.

However, my Nvidia Quadro NVS 285 does not have that problem.

I just replaced my Parhelia in preparation of using the AJA Xena LE, but it didn't have that problem either.

Edit: I forgot to mention that if I have the problem, it is only that there is nothing in the template dialog window unless I increase the size of the window, and then it all shows up. I guess I forgot about that. Odd bug, but definately a video driver issue.
                  • 6. Re: Titler Template window
                    Eddie Lotter Level 4
                    > oreoaration

You have to eat oreos in preparation for using the AJA Xena LE? :P
                    • 7. Re: Titler Template window
                      Steven L. Gotz Level 5
                      You caught be before I reread it and edited it, along with adding more. You are too fast for me.
                      • 8. Re: Titler Template window
                        Jim_Simon Level 8
                        He caught bou? Cold or subthig?
                        • 9. Re: Titler Template window
                          Steven L. Gotz Level 5
                          My fingers seem to be living a life of their own today.
                          • 10. Re: Titler Template window
                            akribie Level 2
                            Thanks for all feedback. I'll post a bug report to NVidia as well.

BTW, I have the primary on the right because my desk layout pushes the left monitor left from straight ahead and my left eye isn't great at reading any more.
                            • 11. Re: Titler Template window
                              the_wine_snob Level 9
                              Just to add an observtion: my nVidia Quadro 4500FX does not do anything like this. Setup is flopped (main left, sub right, with palettes on the right Everything is fully open with no "cropping," etc.

Hunt
                              • 12. Re: Titler Template window
                                akribie Level 2
                                Thanks, Bill. The issue only arises here if the primary os on the right. No problem with your config here either.