This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
>I note your training notes all only very short clips. But I am sure a 3 MINUTE Clip should not take THREE HOURS!
1. This is a User-to-User forum. As users, it's not "our training".
2. Three hours can be right if you have a lot of stuff going on in your timeline. Additionally, your aspect ratio problems indicate that project and/or export settings may be smurfed.
>Its a 16:9 project, so trying to get Windows Media to handle that is an impossible task, as Windows is stuck in 4 by 3.
Nonsense. Just do the math and export using square pixels at a 16:9 ratio like 512X288.
I love how the export time grew exponentially from hours to years to a century within a single post.
Actually its still exporting, (9 hours later) total time for this 3min clip is now expected as 16 hours. What would I expect if I wanted to do the whole 1hr show, abandon my PC for a week or longer.
The issue with 16:9 material is that you have to shrink it down, as Windows will not allow 16by9. So the resolution and quality is completely lost, as you end up using only about 2/3rds the original number of lines.
So I am ending up encoding 1/3rd of my project as BLACK, to fit down to the 4by3 constraints of windows.
This is the AVI File. I have tried the timeline, but there is a Zoom in and out of a still frame, which changes its zoom/motion path, if I export /encode to windows media, as the aspect ratio is changed by this 4;3 disaster, so the picture zooms in and out to the wrong sections, it is designed for the correct original 16by 9, but with the encoding it gets its knickers in a twist and goes to the wrong areas of the image.
The lip sync also goes to pot. Tried encoding to Quciktime, but the lip sinc is so slowed, its impossible to watch.
This is a 16by 9 PAL Project. 3 Minutes of a man talking on a locked off shot, with one single zoom in and out of photograph.
Why should it take almost a full day to encode 3 damn simple minutes, and mess up the lip sync, and fuzz up the original sharp image, to a pixelated bunch of rubbish.
> Why should it take almost a full day to encode 3 damn simple minutes, and mess up the lip sync, and fuzz up the original sharp image, to a pixelated bunch of rubbish.
Your settings are wrong, or your pc is not set up right or both.
I don't know.
A few days ago I exported a +-13 minute 1440 x 1080 HD sequence with loads of effects to an MPEG4 H.264 on full settings and it took around 2 hours...
On my Quad Core with 4GB RAM and 500GB RAID 0 array....
For some reason CS3 AVI Files take ages. A completely different section of many transitions, in 16by 9, only took a few mins to do, but This section is still encoding.(12 hours plus now)
Obviously there is more to an AVI than just video and sound, there must be lots of other hidden code within the video.
I will try and see about upgrading my Canopus Pro 2, to version 3, as even it will not allow the CS3 AVI Files to transcode, so there must be some serious stuff subcoded there.
I have noticed that Adobe often wants to access the internet to send data of what I am doing to a distant server, so maybe NSA Langley is taking a copy each time I encode.
> For some reason CS3 AVI Files take ages.
This is because when exporting to AVI PPRO uses your hard drive to write the files... RAID arrays (like mine) will speed it up.