3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2008 2:39 PM by Jim_Simon

Full video file not moving into project window

When i import my 10:00 min clip, only 2:50 mins shows up in my project window. I am new to Premiere and am having to learn for work. I am looking to take a course once i find the best one available, but am trying to learn the basics and familiarize myself until then. Any help would be appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Full video file not moving into project window
          Steven L. Gotz Level 5
          You can take the Lynda.com training only for only $25

If you want the best available, buy the TotalTraining.com DVDs.

Where did you get the clip? What format is it? Anything other than DV AVI or HDV or Quicktime and you will have problems.
          • 2. Re: Full video file not moving into project window
            Level 1
            Thats exactly the site my company is looking at now.

The clip is from a sony camcorder mini dv (cheap model)

Captured as an avi file to pc using camera software.

I am using a HP workstation that does not have a firewire card. I plan on installing one tonight so I can capture directly to premiere. I found that if I imported file into windows movie maker and copied to pc using the dv ntsc settings, then reimport into premiere that the entire clip shows up. Not a very good pic after multiple captures. Im guessing the sony software that came with the camera has captured the video to my pc funky maybe missing or incompatable codecs?

I am definitely going to lynda.com for instant training and ordering DVDs also.

Thank you for your help it was very appreciated!!
            • 3. Re: Full video file not moving into project window
              Jim_Simon Level 8
              >I plan on installing [Firewire] tonight so I can capture directly to premiere.

That would be the best solution to his problem, I think.