1 Reply Latest reply on May 13, 2008 5:37 PM by Jeff Bellune

Opening PP2.0 project in PP3

I just upgraded from PP 2.0 to PP 3.0 and am trying to load my project. I have over 20 hours of HD footage which was imported into PP2.0, as well as one sequence. Ever since I opened the project in 3.0, I am getting having numerous problems. Number one, it seems to take for ever for the project to load (much longer than in PP 2.0), and when it does I get a task bar at the bottom of the screen showing that it is "conforming" or :indexing" each clip. This has been going on all day and I'm not exactly sure what it is doing or why. And each time I start up PP 3.0, it seems to start over again doing the same thing from the beginning.

Can anyone explain what is happening and whether or not there is anything I can do? I can not imagine that I will have re-import every single item again.. Help Please!

DD
        • 1. Re: Opening PP2.0 project in PP3
          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional
          PPro CS3 doesn't know about the conformed audio or indexed video so it has to do all 20 hours all over again. That's going to take a while.

Every time you stop and restart, if you don't save your project, the process has to begin again.

1. Best to finish your project in 2.0. Use CS3 for new projects from here on out.

2. If you don't want to do that, then import your old 2.0 project into a new CS3 project rather than just opening the project in CS3. I can't say for sure, but that may even alleviate the re-conforming and re-indexing.