25 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2008 1:25 PM by Jim_Simon

The Perfect Computer For Adobe CS3

Level 1
      Hey everyone, ...

I am planning on purchasing a Canon XH-A1 and I would like to edit using Adobe products; such as AFX, Premiere, Photoshop, and so on. My only problem is, having a slow computer. I wanted to ask some of you experts out there what you think the BEST computer for video editing would need to have. What are the requirements to faster editing. What I mean by that is after you edit something it take a long time to render. And if I will be filming in HD, ... it will be even slower. I was editing something for my church this Sunday and I was working on a "fast" computer, ... with like like 3 or 4 gigabytes of RAM and two duo processors, ... and it would take me about 3 hours to render 8 minutes in SD. After which one of the processors got fried from all the rendering.

I was thinking a MAC would be the best since I have heard a lot of good things about them. And that they have less problems.

Can you guys tell me the best computer or if not the best parts, and maybe I'll make it myself.

Processor(s), Video Card, RAM, and so on...

Thanks for your time,
      KrickeT