7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2008 1:24 PM by GlennCurtis

Exporting problem, audio and video are split, why?

Hey guys i am stuck at the export step, i've done a 1.45 min short commercial in 1080i 25 Pal , and now i want to save it in 3 different formats, the first one i would like to do it HD , so keeping the full res 1080. The problem comes when select export...media encore...then i chose one of the hd format like h264 , mpeg2 blu ray etcetera or any other format i choose, the output will always result in audio and video are separated !!! That is no use for me as i need to publish those files online therefore i need a file that can play! I've tried to touch some settings regarding multiplexing , but it seems the output is always the same , video and audio on different files...
      i also have encore cs3, in case u think it mihgt be useful for my purpose
      thank you very much if you can help!!!
        • 1. Re: Exporting problem, audio and video are split, why?
          Steven L. Gotz Level 5
          To export to a file format like H.264 for Blu-ray, you want to choose H.264 Blu-ray, use the preset for 1440X1080i 25 High Quality, and look at the Multipexer tab. There are multiple tabs, Filters, Video, Audio, Multiplexer and Others. On the Multipexer tab select Multiplxing - TS instead of None.
          • 2. Re: Exporting problem, audio and video are split, why?
            Is it possible to connect a second monitor to my video card so that I can see in full screen what I have done? The little sequence monitor does not give the greatest view. I have tried desktop display durning playback, but that does not seem to be working for me. I am not feeling a whole lot of love here on this problem.

Dan
            • 3. Re: Exporting problem, audio and video are split, why?
              Level 1
              You need a hardware card for that, like Aja or Blackmagic.

This is normal for professional NLE's.
              • 4. Re: Exporting problem, audio and video are split, why?
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                Dan,

It depends on your video card. I've got 2 x 21" Hitachis on my nVidia Quadro and have the Monitor almost full-screen on one.

Now, if you want to add a TV to see the output, there are special cards for that, or you can feed from your FW connection to a DV deck, or camera to the TV monitor. Do not think that HD will pass through the FW, but check me out on that one.

Hunt
                • 5. Re: Exporting problem, audio and video are split, why?
                  GlennCurtis
                  Can I raise this subject again.

I have a video I want to output in Blu-Ray format. Steven's instructions say:

To export to a file format like H.264 for Blu-ray, you want to choose H.264 Blu-ray, use the preset for 1440X1080i 25 High Quality, and look at the Multipexer tab. There are multiple tabs, Filters, Video, Audio, Multiplexer and Others. On the Multipexer tab select Multiplxing - TS instead of None

I have followed these instructions and tried MPEG2 Blu-Ray and H.264 Blu-Ray.

Video is set to PAL 1440x1080, 25 fps Upper
                  Audio format is PCM (I can only choose PCM or Dolby Digital and I don't have a DD license)
                  Multiplexer setting - If set to None then I get two files

If I change the Multiplexer to TS, I get an error message when it starts to process the project "Audio Codec selected is not compatible with this multiplexing mode. Please change the selection"

I don't see what I can change the audio codec to as there is only a choice of two options and I can't select Dolby Digital.

Any suggestions?

Glenn
                  • 6. Re: Exporting problem, audio and video are split, why?
                    GlennCurtis Level 1
                    Sorry, I lied re the above.

I don't get two files if I choose "none" as the multiplexer. I get one file which is shown in Windows as an MP4 audio file albeit a large one but no video file.

My 20 minute HD video came out with a 1 GB audio file only.
                    • 7. Re: Exporting problem, audio and video are split, why?
                      GlennCurtis Level 1
                      Update:

As I said above, outputting Blu-Ray H264 resulted in the MP4 "audio file".

The PC I generated it on must have some different codecs than my media center PC because I copied the file to the other PC and instead of saying it was an MP4 audio file, it said MP4 media file.

I ran software to check the codecs in the file and it came back with unknown.

Opening the file in Windows Media Player; it played back but was all stuttery and the screen looked corrupted and pixelated.

I tried opening the file in PowerDVD 8 and it played back perfectly.