4 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2008 4:35 PM by Steven L. Gotz

Basic question about Basic 3d effect

I am applying the Basic 3d effect in premiere to two objects of different sizes, and want the effect to be applied equally to both - how do I go about this? In my project I have a stock ticker bakground rectangle that runs from the top left corner to the bottom right, and runs from back to front - the perspective effect means that the rectangle is more narrow at the top left and wider at the bottom right. I accomplish this by importing the rectangular PNG that I want, rotating it under Transform, and then applying the Basic 3d video effect to this and increasing the Swivel.

I want the numbers superimposed on the ticker to scroll along its length, meaning that they need to be euqally Swivelled. If I apply the same settings (same rotation, same swivel) to the numbers (regardless of whether they are a title or a png) they do not end up with a proportional perspective skew. If I adjust rotation and swivel for the numbers to match the ticker when they are at the top left, they are completly out of sync when the numbers reach the bottom right. How can I solve this?

(see the Apprentice intro at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brSYXW5nsPs for a perfect example of what I'm trying to do, if my description is not very clear)

Thanks for your help!

Bonus questions: how can I make it so that the tilted animated object starts off-screen, and how can I get Premiere to accept positional values higher than 1000 px? Right now whenever the position is greater than 1000, it just shows 1, presumably because it's programmed to only show three digits - very annoying when I'm working in 1920x1080.