3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2008 11:52 PM by (Malick_A)

Computer case!!!

Level 1
      I purchased an ANTEC 900 case for my top of the line configuration.

http://www.antec.com/ec/fr/productDetails.php?ProdID=08009

My system:

Quad Core
      P5E
      2 X 1 Giga DDR 2 800
      Multi rack systems for editing.

The case is designed for gaming but it has 6 to 9 front spaces for racks and DVD players. The downside is that it does not have air filters, may have too many fans (noise), and lights up like a christmas tree.

I am wondering what cases others are using and recomending for serious high end editing.
        • 1. Re: Computer case!!!
          Harm Millaard Level 7
          Server case, like the SuperMicro SC-743TQ-865B.
          • 2. Re: Computer case!!!
            Jim_Simon Level 8
            I recently bought a Gigabyte 3D Aurora and LOVE it. Except for the motherboard installation, you will not need a single tool to do anything. The expansion slots, the hard drives, the DVD drives, the side cover, all can be worked/installed without tools of any kind.

There is more room in this case than most motor home bathrooms, which means very easy to work inside and plenty of air circulation.

It comes with fans installed. (Quite frankly any case that has a place for a fan but no fan, expecting you to buy one afterwards, is like buying a car with no steering wheel that you have to buy later. It's an asinine practice that case makers should never have started.)

The hard drives sit with the backs facing the side of the case, which means very easy access to power and signal connections when that side is removed. And there are six slots instead of the standard four.

It has front USB, Firewire and audio ports, which I find very handy for quick, temporary connections.

My only complaint is that it has a door covering the DVD drives (another asinine practice that should go away), but I just took that off in about 2 minutes.
            • 3. Re: Computer case!!!
              Level 1
              i My only complaint is that it has a door covering the DVD drives (another asinine practice that should go away), but I just took that off in about 2 minutes.

I have the Antec Plusview and the door broke off after a few weeks!
              Its been sitting on top of my case ever since. The plus is that it
              took less than 2 minutes to fall off.

That Gigabyte 3D Aurora case is a beaut!