3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2007 3:36 PM by (James_Jaeger)

Installing CS3 Production Premium

Level 1
      After feeding in the 4 installation disks, I get the following message:

INSTALLATION/ RE INSTALLATION COMPLETED
      Successfully installed: 2
      Errors: 12 comonets

It then lists the 12 apps that didnt install.

Whats going on? Anyone know.

James
        • 1. Re: Installing CS3 Production Premium
          Steven L. Gotz Level 5
          I had that problem and I finally went back to a restore point I trusted, deleted all references to any beta CS3 apps, and finally got everything to install.
          • 2. Re: Installing CS3 Production Premium
            Level 1
            Check the Windows Event Viewer for Errors generated by the MSI Installer. They should give some insight into what the problem is.
            • 3. Re: Installing CS3 Production Premium
              Level 1
              >Check the Windows Event Viewer for Errors generated by the MSI Installer. They should give some insight into what the problem is.

We did that and this showed error messages suggesting a problem with our DVD drive and/or the MS firewall so we tried a new load (after an uninstall) from another DVD drive and turned MS firewall off. Same problem. So called ADOBE and the suggested a workaround: pasting the installation disks into a folder and then installing from there. But prior to that we tried loading just one app at a time and system crashed with blue screen MS error message = PFN_LIST_CORRUPT so we're checking the memory first for a bad stick and we'll go from there after mem, bd and processor are tested. ADOBE also said it could be a bad installation disk and they said they will send a replacement set out right away if we want them to. If after successful memory check, we still have load problem I'll
              call for a replacement disk-set.

Adobe tech support and customer service have been very good so far even though wait times are a little long.

Thanks for input,

James