10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2008 5:54 PM by John T Smith

Beginner/general questions

Hello - Is this the right forum for beginner/general questions about using
      Premiere Pro CS3? Or is there another forum more appropriate?

Thanks in advance,

Patty
        • 1. Re: Beginner/general questions
          Eddie Lotter Level 4

Yes indeed, this is the place.

You will also find links to many free tutorials in the PremiereProPedia that will quickly show you how things are done in Premiere Pro.

Cheers
          Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
          - Over 300 frequently answered questions
          - Over 250 free tutorials
          - Maintained by editors like you
          Forum FAQ
          • 2. Re: Beginner/general questions
            Jim_Simon Level 8
            However, it is strongly recommended that you do some homework first by reading the manual or Help file for basic information on the operation of Premiere Pro. If those resources don't answer your question, please post away.
            • 3. Re: Beginner/general questions
              Level 1
              Excellent - thanks very much, Eddie.<br /><br />Patty<br /><br /><Eddie_Lotter@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b58ca5.0@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />><br />><br />> Yes indeed, this is the place.<br />><br />> You will also find links to many free tutorials <br />> <a href=http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Tutorials> in the PremiereProPedia <br />> that will quickly show you how things are done in Premiere Pro.<br />> Cheers<br />> Eddie<br />><br />> PremiereProPedia <a href=http://ppro.wikia.com/>   (RSS feed <br />> <a href=http://ppro.wikia.com/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&feed=rss>)<br />> - Over 300 frequently answered questions<br />> - Over 250 free tutorials<br />> - Maintained by editors like you<br />> Forum FAQ <a href=http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.2ccd4455><br />>
              • 4. Re: Beginner/general questions
                Level 1
                Yes, understood, I'll do that. Thanks, Jim.<br /><br />Patty<br /><br /><Jim_Simon@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b58ca5.1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> However, it is strongly recommended that you do some homework first by <br />> reading the manual or Help file for basic information on the operation of <br />> Premiere Pro. If those resources don't answer your question, please post <br />> away.
                • 5. Re: Beginner/general questions
                  Steven L. Gotz Level 5
                  One other thing Patty. Most of us use the forum and not the newsgroup feature, so you don't need to repeat the question you are answering.

Try using the foum instead. It gives you a chance to search before you ask.

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.1de9c1bf
                  • 6. Re: Beginner/general questions
                    Level 1
                    Hm - for me, using a newsreader has always been much better in almost every
                    way than using a web forum. (On the Adobe Dreamweaver forum, we spend half
                    our lives trying to convince people *not* to use the web forums!) I usually
                    use Google Groups to search any of these forums..

If you'd rather I didn't quote previous posts, I can go along with that.
                    :-)

--
                    Patty Ayers | www.WebDevBiz.com
                    Free Articles on the Business of Web Development
                    Web Design Contract, Estimate Request Form, Estimate Worksheet
                    --
                    • 7. Re: Beginner/general questions
                      Steven L. Gotz Level 5
                      Patty,

OK. Whatever works for you.
                      • 8. Re: Beginner/general questions
                        Jim_Simon Level 8
                        >On the Adobe Dreamweaver forum, we spend half our lives trying to convince people *not* to use the web forums!

I think you'll find the opposite here. News Readers do weird formatting things. The Forum directly is preferred.
                        • 9. Re: Beginner/general questions
                          Level 1
                          <Jim_Simon@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b58ca5.7@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />><br />><br />>      On the Adobe Dreamweaver forum, we spend half our lives trying to <br />> convince<br />>      people *not* to use the web forums!<br />><br />><br />><br />><br />> I think you'll find the opposite here. News Readers do weird formatting <br />> things. The Forum directly is preferred.<br /><br />Wow, that's surprising. The difference may be in the way the servers are set <br />up. On the Dreamweaver forum, the web forums have never been made to work <br />properly, and the web forum users don't see all of the posts. The <br />experienced people pretty much without exception use the NNTP forums, and <br />web forum users miss out on a lot of the best replies, all the while asking <br />why they aren't getting any answers!  :\<br /><br />As long as it doesn't cause any problems for anyone else, I'll have to keep <br />using NNTP, because I just don't have the patience/time to use web forums! <br />Thanks for explaining, though.<br /><br />-- <br />Patty Ayers | www.WebDevBiz.com<br />Free Articles on the Business of Web Development<br />Web Design Contract, Estimate Request Form, Estimate Worksheet<br />--
                          • 10. Re: Beginner/general questions
                            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                            You should at least try the link you were given

The web forum SOFTWARE here is not at all the same as what was set up by Macromedia for Dreamweaver

I go both places (you may have seen my name @Dreamweaver) and can use both places... but I prefer here