10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2008 10:15 AM by dericktrotter

burning question

dericktrotter Level 1
      I have a project that is about 40 mins long and I set it to burn over
      night..... but before i got to the comp it had been tunred off by mistake in
      the morning ...... there is a file that has been saved which plays so I
      assume that it has rendered...... there seems to be a log file , audio file
      and mpeg file..... how do i burn this to a DVD.or do I have to go through
      the whole process again.

Thanks

Mike
        • 1. Re: burning question
          Harm Millaard Level 7
          How can you burn from PP? That is my burning question.
          • 2. Re: burning question
            dericktrotter Level 1
            When I go to export I export to Encore as I was told in this forum.....it <br />opens Encore and burns .....So as far as I know I am burning from <br />PP.........Just a different way to how it was ........ You will soon get the <br />hang of it Harm....... ha ha ha ....thats a joke ....anyway I have done the <br />whole thing again ......But I still think there is a way to burn the project <br />again without going back to PP and starting over as its left 3 files on my <br />system.<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Mike<br /><br /><br /><Harm_Millaard@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b5a97b.0@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> How can you burn from PP? That is my burning question.
            • 3. Re: burning question
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Tell Encore to create an .ISO on the hard disk, use the FREE ImgBurn to create the DVD
              • 4. Re: burning question
                Jim_Simon Level 8
                >So as far as I know I am burning from PP

Technically, no. Encore handles that part.
                • 5. Re: burning question
                  dericktrotter Level 1
                  yes I understand Encore handles that side...... all I wanted to do was Burn <br />a disc over night .....until the comp got turned off before it burned things <br />were ok ......I just didn't think I had to go all thro the whole action <br />again ......was hoping a file that was created could have been used to burn <br />to DVD.....<br /><br />Thanks for all the replies<br />Mike<br /><br /><br /><Jim_Simon@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b5a97b.3@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />><br />><br />>      So as far as I know I am burning from PP<br />><br />><br />><br />><br />> Technically, no. Encore handles that part.
                  • 6. Re: burning question
                    Jim_Simon Level 8
                    >was hoping a file that was created could have been used to burn
                    to DVD

It is. These renders are kept in the Encoded Files folder.
                    • 7. Re: burning question
                      Fighting Sticks Level 2
                      Mike,
                      It might be that your screen saver isn't set right as if you're screen saver activates while your exporting to DVD the process will fall down. Make sure you hit your desktop and push the time before screen saver activates to as high as it can go, try the export again, go to bed and by morning you should find you've got the burnt DVD and not the hang you're experiencing.
                      • 8. Re: burning question
                        Jim_Simon Level 8
                        >if you're screen saver activates while your exporting to DVD the process will fall down.

Never has for me.
                        • 9. Re: burning question
                          Phil Griffith Level 2
                          mike is not saying that the render was interruped by unknown reasons, he plainly states that someone switched the system off.

>but before i got to the comp it had been tunred off by mistake
                          • 10. Re: burning question
                            dericktrotter Level 1
                            Your right Phil ...all I wanted to know is what do i do with the files it <br />has created...... I have burnt it again now ...<br /><br />Thanks again<br />Mike<br /><br /><br /><Phil_Griffith@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b5a97b.8@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> mike is not saying that the render was interruped by unknown reasons, he <br />> plainly states that someone switched the system off.<br />><br />>      but before i got to the comp it had been tunred off by mistake<br />>