6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2008 4:53 AM by (Stanley_Arthur)

multi cam edit transitions

dericktrotter Level 1
      I am using multi cam editing feature which I am ok with, but how can I use a dissolve instead of a cut between clips..... do I have to go in and change all the transitions one at a time .....I thought it would use the default transition.

Thanks for any help
      Mike
        • 1. Re: multi cam edit transitions
          Level 1
          Yes, you have to add transitions after cutting. If you learn the keyboard shorcuts for doing this, you can do it very quickly. For example, a couple of weeks ago, I had a 6-minute video with more than 60 cuts. I wanted dissolve between all of them. I set dissolve as the default transition then CTRL > D then Page Down. I applied all the dissolves in less than 30 seconds. Try it.
          • 2. Re: multi cam edit transitions
            dericktrotter Level 1
            Thanks for that Stanley ....I do use the Page down and inset very fast
            ......but I have got 24 dances from a dance school to do and thought I saw
            somewhere that you could set the transition for the whole section...... if I
            find it I will post back ....thanks again .

Mike
            • 3. Re: multi cam edit transitions
              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              You probably mean 'automate to sequence'. This is adding clips to an excisting sequence with or without default transitions.
              But you can't use that in a mulitcam setting.
              • 4. Re: multi cam edit transitions
                Jim_Simon Level 8
                I'd leave the dissolves out anyway. Looks very amateurish. Leave them as cuts.
                • 5. Re: multi cam edit transitions
                  Level 1
                  That's pretty subjective, Jim. It completely depends on the material and the effect. For example, my shots were all sports replays with a lot of speed ramping, all starting and ending with a freeze frame. A quick dissolve between each denotes a new replay, not a continuation of the last one (since most of them had 2-3 different cam angles. Sometimes a dissolve really is what I want.
                  • 6. Re: multi cam edit transitions
                    dericktrotter Level 1
                    Yes I know what you mean ....I am a cut only person .I hate all the weird <br />effect transitions......But with a slow dance number it does look nice with <br />a dissolve rather than a cut ......<br /><br />at least I know not to bother looking.... thanks<br /><br />Mike<br /><br /><br /><Jim_Simon@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b5c894.3@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> I'd leave the dissolves out anyway. Looks very amateurish. Leave them as <br />> cuts.