6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2008 10:11 PM by (lestra)

NeedHelpAfter InstalMainConcept

Level 1
      Had project on timeline...all going well...then I installed Mainconcept HD Codecs for another project....now when I go back to original project (NOT HD)....I find the videos and audios on timeline have diagonal lines through them....

Not sure why or what those diagnoal lines mean...when I clck on the video piece nothing shows up...although other video clips on timeline that appear fine..

ANY HELP PLEASE
        • 1. Re: NeedHelpAfter InstalMainConcept
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          To be sure I (we all) understand correctly...

You have (for example) A B C D on the timeline, and now B (for example) has lines while A C D are fine... correct?

If yes, is there anything different about B... or whatever clips have lines while "other video clips on timeline that appear fine" ???

Also, work through the steps here http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

If your problem isn't fixed, report back with the DETAILS asked for in the 16 questions at the end of that link... for question #1 see the note about the FREE http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
          • 2. Re: NeedHelpAfter InstalMainConcept
            Level 1
            I have isolated the problem....My main movie is about 48 minutes...but after I installed mainconcept it shows up as only 8 minutes...

If I start a new project and import my main movie again (48 minutes) it imports but only 8 minutes of the movie....

But if I uninstall mainconcept and then import the clip, all 48minutes are there...

Why would the installation of mainconcept hd codec do this?...any solutions...short of uninstalling mainconcept's codec
            • 3. Re: NeedHelpAfter InstalMainConcept
              Uninstall main concept (it does cause problems) and install latest updates 3.2 on ppro and you should be good to go.
              • 4. Re: NeedHelpAfter InstalMainConcept
                Level 1
                Thanks for the feedback...if I do that then I cant import the audio from the sony sr11 file...(in Standard Def)...only video imports...is there another codec to use for that?
                • 5. Re: NeedHelpAfter InstalMainConcept
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                  What is the CODEC of your files? (that is asked for in the trouble link I gave)

Are you using MPEG as an edit source?
                  • 6. Re: NeedHelpAfter InstalMainConcept
                    Level 1
                    When you install Mainconcept HD Codecs,Premiere always use it to import AVI files as MainConcept DV Pro type.

You can try this,

From
                    C/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Pro CS3/Plug-ins/en_US
                    REMOVE
                    ImporterMCDVCPRO file,and now Premiere will import avi files as MS-DV AVI.

Hope this help