2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2008 4:01 PM by the_wine_snob

trying to output via main concept dolby digital

when trying to output my edited video to dvd iam trying to use the main concept 5.1 setting video setting is ok but when i set the audio to dolby digital I get a "profile file invalid" error message, if i set the audio to PCM all is ok. I am just trying to get the surround sound effect. when i type in the error message in the help pages I just draw a blank, hope someone can help. Mick
        • 1. Re: trying to output via main concept dolby digital
          Harm Millaard Level 7
          > when trying to output my edited video to dvd iam trying to use the main concept 5.1 setting video setting is ok but when i set the audio to dolby digital I get a "profile file invalid" error message,

There is no Main Concept 5.1 setting. You need Surcode for that.
          • 2. Re: trying to output via main concept dolby digital
            the_wine_snob Level 9
            In Premiere, you get X times of trial Exports with the SurCode DD 5.1 Surround Encoder (was 3, IIRC, in PP2), and then, when you try X+1 times, you get a pop-up directing you to Minnetonka's Web site: http://www.minnetonkaaudio.com/ . You can go there, by my link, BUT as a registered user of Premiere, the price is better (was US$50 better), going from the pop-up.

It's a good plug-in. So good, in fact, that I bought another copy for my laptop. There is no "deal" for buying more than one, as Minnetonka has to pay high royalties to Dolby Labs.

I think that you're confusing the MainConcept MPEG plug-in, as Harm points out.

Good luck,

Hunt