3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2008 12:09 AM by Harm Millaard

1394 HD Video Capture Issue

Hello, I am using the 1394 output from my Cable Box DVR. Without regard to the Cable Box settings my question is about the Premier Capture screen. In order to record I have to select HDV and I also have to click the "Tape" button (i'm assuming because I can't actually control my cable box). I can then start recording SOME programs/recordings on my DVR. Unfortunately I haven't figured out why some programs record and some don't.

What is premier looking for here? Are they looking for a certain resolution off the 1394? I've tried setting up my project for both 720p and 1080i (the two modes my cable box supports) to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Or a point in the direction of the capture screen specifics.

edit to add: The capture sequence will start but it doesn't start the count. If I select certain recordings on my DVR (all while I am capturing) the count starts, then when I select another recording the count stops. Both recordings are in hi-def (unsure of 720p or 1080i) and it doesn't matter if I have 720p or 1080i on my cable box or Premier Project settings.