6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2008 10:06 PM by Ulf Laursen

HDV project to web

Ulf Laursen Level 1
      Hi

I have a HDV project I would like to put on the web.

I would like to be able to export in either 480p or 720p like theese clips here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/hdvideo/hdgallery/

So basicly my questions are:

1. Which format and preset should I use to get 480p or 720p for playback in flashplayer?
      2. How do I integrate the file on a webpage? (sorry if Q2 is somewhat offtopic).

Thanks in advance.

/Ulf
        • 1. Re: HDV project to web
          Level 1
          I have the same question. Getting the stuff to look good on the web and playback without various problems is not obvious. How do THEY do it?
          • 2. Re: HDV project to web
            Steven L. Gotz Level 5
            How? It seems obvious to me.

First, assume the viewer has a high bandwidth connection. That is key to the quality of the compression.

Second, make sure you have something people actually want to watch.

Really, they are just Flash videos. A little higher bandwidth than Vimeo uses I think, but Flash nonetheless. They post multiple files on their site so you can pick the one you want. That helps.

Perhaps I don't understand the question? Or perhaps I just think that exporting to Flash is a simple matter of using Premiere Pro CS3.

As for how to get it on a Web site, use Adobe Encore to create your Flash site to look just like a DVD, or use Dreamweaver to post your SWF files created in Adobe Flash.
            • 3. Re: HDV project to web
              Level 1
              Here's what helps.

The video files are H.264 with a FLV file extension. The 720p version, by my calculation, was running at around 3 mb/s (9.87MB for 25sec). That's always going to create a great looking file.

A bit unusable if you're not on a serious connection, but if a person realistically expects to be able to watch HD content on dial-up then they should get used to disappointment.
              • 4. Re: HDV project to web
                Ulf Laursen Level 1
                Thanks guys - that gives me a good start.

/Ulf
                • 5. Re: HDV project to web
                  Ulf Laursen Level 1
                  Hi

It is actually quit easy - I did some tests this morning and it was quite good looking - need some tweaking of bitrates etc. though.

Still have one question, sorry if this is obvious :-)

When I make my webpage, I have 2 components besides the html file, the flv file and some kind of player skin in an .swf file. Is there some place to download different 'skins' somewhere, or do I need the full Flash-product to get them?

Thanks

/Ulf
                  • 6. Re: HDV project to web
                    Ulf Laursen Level 1
                    Hi

I found actually a good player at http://www.flowplayer.org under opensource

/Ulf