12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2009 12:56 PM by Eddie Lotter

Premier quits continuously

Hi to all,
      While on the final stage of completion, I got an error message that a serious error has occured premier will try to save it. Then I relaunced the project but still getting the same error message again and again. I also started with creating a new project but again the same error message again and again. Even premier is not opening earlier projects.Can someone please advice what steps can be taken to tackle this issue so that I can resume my editing again? Are there any preferences that may have got corrupted and where do I find them?
      Please help me in this hour of need.
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: Premier quits continuously
          Level 1
          >I also started with creating a new project but again the same error message again and again.

How far do you get with this "new" project before it craps out? If it's been working fine before then something has changed on your system.

A reinstall sounds necessary. (Unless you've got a lots of time to figure this out which I never do).

PPro has been getting fickle for me as well. I seem to be getting different results each time I do a render using the same settings which never happened before.
          • 2. Re: Premier quits continuously
            Level 1
            Well, I get the dialogue box which tells me to specify the project settings and name the project and when I click OK then I get the dialogue box that a serious error. But it is quite strange that even the Old project files are not opening now. And Nothing has been changed neither any software aor any hardware has been added on the system. The version of PPro is 3.2.0. I am also suing MATROX RTX2.0 on my system.
            If however you opine that I have to reinstall the system then will only reinstalling PPro will do the job or shall I have to reinstall the windows.
            Thanks for your participation and Have a nice day.
            • 3. Re: Premier quits continuously
              Harm Millaard Level 7
              > I am also suing MATROX

That makes sense. Apart from the lawsuit, details may be helpful.
              • 4. Re: Premier quits continuously
                Level 1
                > I am also suing MATROX
                That makes sense. Apart from the lawsuit, details may be helpful.

:)

Who knows... maybe that'll fix things for the guy.
                • 5. Re: Premier quits continuously
                  Level 1
                  It is a misspelled word. I wrote I am using MATROXRTX 2.0 and the alphabets went topsy turvy. Can I expect some help from your side to go ahead and do some trouble shooting.
                  Bye & Thanks
                  • 6. Re: Premier quits continuously
                    Harm Millaard Level 7
                    I repeat: Details please.
                    • 7. Re: Premier quits continuously
                      Level 1
                      suddenly the application quits. When we relaunched the project file it said a SERIOUS ERROR HAS OCCURRED. then if try to proceed ahead by saying OK then it says that it will create a new version of the project and gives a dialogue box for saving the new version of the project. If we click OK and want to proceed ahead then again it quits. We tried to open a new project file of premier thinking that it cud be a problem of the project file getting corrupted but again the same error message. We then tried to open an earlier project done on the system, but still it was the same problem.
                      I hope these are the details awaited for trouble shooting the problem
                      • 8. Re: Premier quits continuously
                        Harm Millaard Level 7
                        No, hardware, software, drivers, OS, processes running, in short the whole enchillada, including versions, that is mentioned in MSINFO or DXDIAG.
                        • 9. Re: Premier quits continuously
                          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

[Off-topic and misplaced posts deleted]

• 10. Re: Premier quits continuously
                            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

(naveenkhan) wrote:

suddenly the application quits. When we relaunched the project file it said a SERIOUS ERROR HAS OCCURRED. then if try to proceed ahead by saying OK then it says that it will create a new version of the project and gives a dialogue box for saving the new version of the project. If we click OK and want to proceed ahead then again it quits. We tried to open a new project file of premier thinking that it cud be a problem of the project file getting corrupted but again the same error message. We then tried to open an earlier project done on the system, but still it was the same problem.
                            I hope these are the details awaited for trouble shooting the problem

No, those are not the details that are needed

First, work through the steps here http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

If your problem isn't fixed, report back with the DETAILS asked for in the questions at the end of that link... For question #1 use the FREE http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

• 11. Re: Premier quits continuously
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

As most problems are related to these items and pretty much in this order, the requested information is very, very important:

1.) System

2.) Assets

3.) Project

Unfortunately, none of us can look over your shoulder, when the problems occur. You must be our "eyes," and the way to do that is to provide the details. It sounds like a lot of work, but really isn't. The more complete your info is, the better the chance that someone can spot the problem.

Only caveat would be if you have error messages that contain a ton of code, those will be of little use. Some folk post 4000 lines of code, and even the engineers at MS can't read most of that stuff. Otherwise the details on your system, your Assets and your Project will go a very long way to getting your issue solved in a timely fashion, and you can get back to editing.

Without the info, everyone can only guess, and that is likely not to be very efficient.

Good luck, and please follow John's link to see the type of info required. Also, his link to G-Spot will get you a very useful media informational tool. No editor should be without it.

Hunt

• 12. Re: Premier quits continuously
                                Eddie Lotter Level 4

Be sure to try these troubleshooting tips first. One of them may well sort out the (or point to) the problem.

Failing that, the details we need to help you are listed by number for convenience.

Cheers
                                Eddie