7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2008 11:19 PM by (anaeob)

video + animation export problems

Hallo,

I need some advice for a problem with sequence.

I exported flash movie in png sequence. /very good quality/
      After imported to Adobe Premiere over a video layer I want to export them.
      The problem is that after export the quality of the animation is horrible.
      Can you suggest me how to export the final video without damage the quality of the animation.

Thanks a lot.
        • 1. Re: video + animation export problems
          Dag Norum Level 2
          1. Either export the flash movie to the same size as the project size in Premiere, or use the same project size in Premiere as your exported flash movie. Resizing in Premiere for text and graphics is a no no.

2. Not knowing what the target (final) format you want, all I can say is: Export from Premiere either to your final format, or to a lossless format (for example HuffYuv) if you need/want to do the conversion to your final format in another program.

PS! Never judge quality from what you see in the Program Monitor in Premiere.

Dag
          • 2. Re: video + animation export problems
            Level 1
            Hi Dag,
            Thanks for the suggestions.
            The size is the same 720 x 576 for the video and animation but still the quality is not good.

All the settings seems to be the same but...?

B
            • 3. Re: video + animation export problems
              Dag Norum Level 2
              Then I suggest that you read "2." and "PS!" (in post #1), and tell a little bit more about what your final target (format) is supposed to be, and where you see the low quality, and what your low quality looks like.

Dag
              • 4. Re: video + animation export problems
                Level 1
                hi,
                I have the animation in tgs and png sequence i tryed with two of them - 720 x 576. Video is DV PAV AVI 720 x 576, 48 khz
                I tryed to export - field option is Always deinterlaced
                The format for export is MS DV AVI or DV AVI
                milions of colours / 25 fps
                D1/DV PAL (1.067
                v Recompres - maintain data rate
                Rendering options: Use project settings
                Filelds - Deinterlace video footage

This are my export options but I m ready to change the export settings in order for better quality.

It has to be burn on DVD and to be watched in PC

The bad quality means animation is blur there is no contrast of the animated images, or the shapes are sharp in lines and blurry.

Can you suggest me other export settings?

thanks
                • 5. Re: video + animation export problems
                  Dan Isaacs Level 2
                  > field option is Always deinterlaced

Set Field Options to "none"

> Filelds - Deinterlace video footage

Uncheck this.
                  • 6. Re: video + animation export problems
                    Dag Norum Level 2
                    >The bad quality means animation is blur there is no contrast of the animated images, or the shapes are sharp in lines and blurry.

Typical signs of the DV-avi codec when it comes to text and graphics, especially when sharp thin lines, high contrast and bright colors are used.
                    (Now Jim will probably beat me up for that one :) )

In addition to do as Dan said, export directly to mpeg 2 from Premiere, or export to Microsoft AVI with compressor set to NONE if you for some reason want the extra avi. Uncheck Recompress.

Dag
                    • 7. Re: video + animation export problems
                      Level 1
                      Thank you for the suggestions I will try and inform you for the results.

B