3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2008 11:23 AM by Dan Isaacs

how to export 1080 x 1440 60i

I'm trying to export 1080 x 1440 60i project with out losing any quality. I've been told that premiere doesn't export hdv 60i 1080 x 1440. I don't want to switch to final cut, does anyone know how to export this...

Thank you, CP
        • 1. Re: how to export 1080 x 1440 60i
          What you were probably told was that PPro does not export 1080i WELL to DVD. PPro has a problem with its color space conversion for the export of 1080i to DVD. The output looks okay until you compare it to something that has good quality.

The workaround for this is to create a second project. Do all of your editing in the first project which is set for 1080i presets. Then create a second project with a 480i preset. Import the first project into the second. Once in the second project and the import is complete, place the applicable sequence from the first project into a sequence in the second.

Another workaround is to purchase Procoder from Canopus. You can find it for about $450 at amazon.com. Procoder does a really great job of transcoding and has a lot of other features that make it worthwhile.
          • 2. Re: how to export 1080 x 1440 60i
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            > The workaround for this is to create a second project. Do all of your editing in the first project which is set for 1080i presets. Then create a second project with a 480i preset. Import the first project into the second. Once in the second project and the import is complete, place the applicable sequence from the first project into a sequence in the second.

I tried this with PAL settings but all the sides of the HD sequence get cut of in the SD project and there is no way to scale.
            • 3. Re: how to export 1080 x 1440 60i
              Dan Isaacs Level 2
              > PPro has a problem with its color space conversion for the export of 1080i to DVD

Correct.

> The workaround for this is to create a second project ... Then create a second project with a 480i ... Import the first project into the second

That will not solve the colorspace conversion problem. But, far worse than the 601<->709 issue is the jagged output that this process produces. Nesting and scaling will not solve this either.

Examples: #1 ... #2

Try this instead.