6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2008 6:56 AM by the_wine_snob

Importing Files

I'm getting this error message when I try to drag-and-drop aep files to the projects panel-Adobe Dynamic Link requires Adobe Production Premium CS3. Anybody out there know what that means?

Kate
        • 1. Re: Importing Files
          shooternz Level 6
          Where did the aep files come from?

Are you aware they (.aep) are After Effects Projects files?

Do you have Adobe Production Premium CS3?
          • 2. Re: Importing Files
            the_wine_snob Level 9
            Karen,

Craig is correct. You need to Export from AE to a format that PP can Import. You have several choices, but DV-AVI is a good one.

You are trying to Import the AE Project file itself. That is like trying to Import the Pproj file into Encore - not what you wish, or need to do. You need to Export in an AV format, not a Project format.

Hunt
            • 3. Re: Importing Files
              Jim_Simon Level 8
              I think Kate's problem may be that she doesn't have the suite, so no Dynamic Link.
              • 4. Re: Importing Files
                Level 1
                Hey There Craig,

Thanks for the heads-up about thread jacking. I am brand new to the forums and haven't learned forum etiquette yet. (Boy, I sure botched the spelling on that one!) I started out in the DW discussions, and I was first jumped on for starting too many threads, then told that I was getting too far off the subject when I stuck with my original thread. So I thought a happy medium might be to post to a discussion that was basically addressing my issue. Again, no offense intended.

Kate
                • 5. Re: Importing Files
                  shooternz Level 6
                  No worries. Doesnt offend anyone (not me anyway) but you just get a direct answer if its your own thread on the subject of your choice.
                  • 6. Re: Importing Files
                    the_wine_snob Level 9
                    Kate,

Back to Jim's comment. Do you have the Production Studio (or whatever it is called in CS3) suite? If so, Dynamic Link will handle the Import/Export for you. If you just have the stand-alone applications, then you'll need to do the Export/Import/Export manually. This will be through intermediate AV files, not the Project files from either PP or AE.

Also, I think we're a bit more lax around here, just so long as everyone can tell who posted what - "who's on first?" I kinda' like new/separate threads, but that's because my comprehension is challanged. About the only no-no is double and triple posting.

Good luck,

Hunt