4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2008 7:25 AM by Jim_Simon

Hello, i have a problem

Why after export i never have full screen?! Аspect ratio distortion 4;3 or widesreen, dosnot have mater... no full sceen ?!?! HDV or DV... all the saim... pls help me!!
        • 1. Re: Hello, i have a problem
          Eddie Lotter Level 4

FAQ:Why are there black borders/bars?

Cheers
          Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
          - Over 300 frequently answered questions
          - Over 250 free tutorials
          - Maintained by editors like you
          Forum FAQ
          • 2. Re: Hello, i have a problem
            Level 1
            Eddie,

I just want to say that your posts are always quick, to the point, and provide a direct link to a pretty quick answer to the problem at hand. Never pompous, arrogant or holier-than-thou as many of the others in this forum seem to be. You have my vote for helper of the year, as your posts have helped me solve problems the quickest - all without being made to feel like I am an idiot.

Is it just me, or do most feel people feel that Jim Simon is either drunk, high or both in almost every post? Not that there's anything wrong with that... And he definitely makes me laugh - but I think we can all agree that when someone is asking for help editing MPEG-2 video the last thing we want to hear is that we should not try to edit a "playback" format, we simply want help... In the real world, clients come to you with video that that they want ripped from a DVD (MPEG-2) and nowadays, much worse - the dreaded .FLV files from youtube. Anyone who does not think that it is 100% NECESSARY to be able to edit these file types does not live in the real world. I have recently worked on video projects with budgets OVER $30k that wanted video imported from DVD. Do you tell them "NO - that format is beyond our capability. I know you have had DVD's in your home for over ten years now, but we CANNOT and WILL NOT edit them. It cannot be done." Unacceptable.

Eddie, please keep helping as you do with a positive attitude... Nobody likes a smartass... Especially when they are in video hell.

-BChil
            • 3. Re: Hello, i have a problem
              Eddie Lotter Level 4

You're welcome.

Sometimes my posts point to fairly vague information when a poster does not provide enough detail. My hope is that the poster will be able to follow the leads until an answer is arrived at.

Sometimes I get a sense of what the problem most likely is and I can provide a fairly direct link to information that will help solve it.

I have spent years putting the Premiere Pro wiki together to be a one-stop resource for people who want to learn and for people who want to find answers. Since the wiki has so much information in it my responses in forums are usually simple links to what seems most relevant to the topic.

Happy editing. Happy editor

Cheers
              Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
              - Over 300 frequently answered questions
              - Over 250 free tutorials
              - Maintained by editors like you
              Forum FAQ
              • 4. Re: Hello, i have a problem
                Jim_Simon Level 8
                >And he definitely makes me laugh

I'll (hiccup) drink to that. sad smileys