11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2008 10:09 AM by Phil Griffith

A 1.5 project that can't open properly in CS3!

I have a rather large 1.5 project that refuses to open properly in CS3. Changed the drive letters allready and still nothing. Says files are missing and should be found...but its hard as I have the same name on a COUPLE OF FILES so pls any help will be appreciated!
      • 0. Re: A 1.5 project that can't open properly in CS3!
        Harm Millaard Level 7
        Phil, not with PP 1.5, which is what Inso tried:

> Ive found the disk with 1.5. So is there a way then to install 1.5 on Vista?That would solve my problem I guess...althought it seems Im doing something wrong cause it just doesnt load after installation...

and which you may have missed when you made that remark, which is technically correct, but not relevant here and misses the point completely.
        • 2. Re: A 1.5 project that can't open properly in CS3!
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          My advise would be finish project in 1.5 start fresh in CS3.
          If files are double named you need to figure out before hand what is what, then you might be able to link again.
          • 3. Re: A 1.5 project that can't open properly in CS3!
            Level 1
            the problem is I cant finish in 1.5 because I dont have the disk or the computer any more and cant figure it out just with CS3 about the files since I really cant just remember which is which?
            Is there a way to figure out where they we originaly supposed to be located via CS3?
            • 4. Re: A 1.5 project that can't open properly in CS3!
              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              You probably have to link them from the projectwindow one by one or folder by folder.
              • 6. Re: A 1.5 project that can't open properly in CS3!
                Level 1
                Ive found the disk with 1.5. So is there a way then to install 1.5 on Vista?That would solve my problem I guess...althought it seems Im doing something wrong cause it just doesnt load after installation...
                • 7. Re: A 1.5 project that can't open properly in CS3!
                  Harm Millaard Level 7
                  > That would solve my problem I guess...althought it seems Im doing something wrong cause it just doesnt load after installation...

which is not surprising, since you use an unsupported OS.
                  • 8. Re: A 1.5 project that can't open properly in CS3!
                    Jim_Simon Level 8
                    If you don't know which file to link to, you're in a pickle. You'll just have to pick one.
                    • 9. Re: A 1.5 project that can't open properly in CS3!
                      Phil Griffith Level 2
                      vista is a supported os for cs3.
                      • 10. Re: A 1.5 project that can't open properly in CS3!
                        the_wine_snob Level 9
                        Inso,

I'd Copy my Assets to another location, and then do some major housekeeping with those copies. In your case, I'd look carefully at the files with dupe names and rename them with a bit more info in the name, to help you link them later. It'll be a bit of a pain, but easily doable.

Had similar with a P6.5 Project that was brought into CS2. The linking was mostly automatic, once I had cleaned up the folder structure, and then there were be
                        i "bâtard"
                        files, that had to be manually linked.

Keep your Project's original Assets, and their structure, safe and only work from a Copy of the structure and of the Assets.

Plan the re-naming and re-structuring
                        b BEFORE
                        you Import your Project into the new version of Premiere. It'll save a lot of making Assets Offline, then re-linking, until you get the right one. A little forethought will save you frustration later on.

Good luck,

Hunt
                        • 11. Re: A 1.5 project that can't open properly in CS3!
                          Phil Griffith Level 2
                          my mistake. Helps to read before replying.