3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2008 5:51 AM by Newsgroup_User

Embedding Flex+AIR prototype code in a C++ application

vishalchowdhary
      Hi Experts,
      I'm working on a desktop windows application written in C++ with extensive usage of Win32 API.

We are planning to migrate to Flex on AIR. As a protoype, I have to convert one of our existing functionalities in Flex.

I would like to know if there is a way we can achieve this in the existing C++ application.

Your comments and suggestions are most appreciated.

Thanks,
      Vishal
        • 1. Re: Embedding Flex+AIR prototype code in a C++ application
          Xilian
          Are you asking whether a Win32 app can recreated using flex air? Answer is yes. About the functionality you're referring to,you have to be more specific. From what i've done with flex, the API is extremely good and should be able to provide your team with the requisite functionalities needed.
          • 2. Re: Embedding Flex+AIR prototype code in a C++ application
            vishalchowdhary Level 1
            No. I already have an existing win32 application. I need to introduce a flex plugin in the application as a proof of concept. I'm not sure if this is possible. Although, I did come across a way by which you can add a shockwave flash object to your MFC application and run a swf file in it as an ActiveX control. I'm not sure if the same is applicable for a win32 project.
            • 3. Re: Embedding Flex+AIR prototype code in a C++ application
              Level 7

"vishalchowdhary" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gg7png$gqd$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > No. I already have an existing win32 application. I need to introduce a
              > flex
              > plugin in the application as a proof of concept. I'm not sure if this is
              > possible. Although, I did come across a way by which you can add a
              > shockwave
              > flash object to your MFC application and run a swf file in it as an
              > ActiveX
              > control. I'm not sure if the same is applicable for a win32 project.

I embed Flash in an ActiveX control all the time in Authorware, which under
              the hood (I believe) is C. Not sure if that helps answer your question.

HTH;

Amy