6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2007 2:20 AM by (Shiv_Kumar)

Sample Video  Posted - Please comment

Level 1
      I've re-shot some footage and redone the post using pretty much all of Production Premium (except for Encore).

I'm also playing with the bitrates versus quality factor (FLV) so if the video gets interrupted, please pause it for a few seconds and then play (buffer).

http://thehomefront.dynamicarchitects.com/documents/VideoTest.swf

All comments/critisism welcome. I've shot all the video footage you see.

Shiv.
        • 1. Re: Sample Video  Posted - Please comment
          Harm Millaard Level 7
          A few general remarks (all my personal opinion):

1. The music was too loud to correctly hear the sales pitch.
          2. Too many shots were clearly hand held (instable), especially in the beginning.
          3. Too much panning left to right and back again.
          4. The presentation and facial expression, as well as the sound of the commentary lacks enthusiasm to be really effective.
          5. The screenshot diagram of the software modules is too long (around 72s).

This may seem as only negative criticism, but on the upside I liked the usage of PIP's and the consistency with which you continued in the movie. What is lacking however is a clear message of what you try to promote. Some titles may be in order to effectively get the message across.

Please don't take this personally. My remarks are intended, as you asked, to show you the weaknesses so you can learn from it. The strength is that you made it appealing with the PIP effects, good color balance and interesting scene changes.

Hope this helps.
          • 2. Re: Sample Video  Posted - Please comment
            TradeWind Level 3
            I agree with Harm on items 1, 2 and 5 in particular, and would add:

-the interstitials are too too long, breaking up the piece too much. I had noticed this on one other piece you posted a few days ago.
            -The hair and back lighting are a bit to sharp, it should blend into the lighting scheme for your shot with a little more subtlety.
            -The overall "feel" is great, and very crisp production - especially on the web.
            -The matte for you interstitials kind of cuts off in places before the interstitial ends.
            -On the section with the web browsing screen shot, add some motion, possibly slowly bringing the image forward throughout the shot. It's also quite long and almost uninteresting after the first few seconds.
            -Maybe even scrap some of the interview shots altogether in favor of stringing the dialog together without the breaks throughout. Once we've seen her face, we don't "need" to see it over and over, maybe just once at the beginning, once in the middle and once at the end.

Just my thoughts...and overall very nice, modern feeling piece. Good job!
            • 3. Re: Sample Video  Posted - Please comment
              Jim_Simon Level 8
              At least the opening graphic is now bright enough to be legible. That's one good thing.
              • 4. Re: Sample Video  Posted - Please comment
                Level 1
                Harm, Christian and Jim,

Thank you all for taking the time to look at and comment on the video. It is much appreciated.

I agree with almost all of the critisim and will work on fixing them as well.

FYI: This is just one of several videos that we're planning. In other words, each "module" will get it's own video that will (we hope) give the prospective customer a better idea of what the product is.

we have some constraints that we're living within and have to work within, at least in the short term. In the long term, the way I see it, I can replace clips in the PPro project and re-render and publish.

Just wanted to put it out there so you know that if I've not implemented suggestions its most likely due to a constraint.

But please keep the feedback coming!

Regards,

Shiv.
                • 5. Re: Sample Video  Posted - Please comment
                  There's more than "one good thing" about it to me.

I like the split screens and use of techno video backs. Good overall flow and very professional presentation. I agree that the speaker appears too frequently, and the overall video could be a tad shorter and get the same impact.

Very nice work overall.

s
                  • 6. Re: Sample Video  Posted - Please comment
                    Level 1
                    Scott,

Thank you for your feedback! It is much appreciated.

I'm getting people in house to go over the comments I've received so far so we can incorporate the suggestions and critisism.

I am very encouraged by everyones comments.

Thanks all.

Shiv.