4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2007 4:32 PM by Leonard King

Why Can't  I post to CS3 H__L?

Level 1
      Who made this thread bookmark only. That is VERY irritating as I had something else to say on this topic.

>banders100

>You should know that no one, and that means no one, that is a regular poster on this forum has the power to do anything to help you with your problems with Adobe.

Maybe maybe not. I believe ADOBE does look at these posts and take action. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. When, however, they censor threads that is VERY bad. It makes them look bad. The Net is a tumultuous place. Get used to it.

>However, you can still complain all you want if that floats your boat, and the only censoring will be for personal attacks and bad language.

I do agree that there is no need for anyone here to attack anyone here and bad language is offensive to some. I do feel however that just USING so called bad language should be protected under the right of free speech and ADOBE nor any of its agents have the right to censor that language. Just like everyone can just TURN THE CHANNEL if they don't like the Hollywood-spew, you can simply not read or click on another post if you don't like the language. PLEASE NOTE: I do differentiate the use of bad language to express oneself in general from the use of bad language to ATTACK someone. I say, you are an A__hole. That's not OKAY. However if I say, only a__holes use ADOBE products, I feel the first instance is a personal attack whereas the seconds is a general statement expressing high emotion. I want to know when people feel high emotion. I don't want to be attacked WITH high emotion however. There is a difference. IN one case, the poster is using so called bad language to really express his emotions about a SUBJECT. In the other case he or she is using bad language to attack a PERSON. People should not be censored for simply trying to express themselves as fully as they want and again those that chose to censor certain words from THEIR language, well that's their prerogative, but they have NO constitutional right to impose their limitations on others.

James Jaeger
        • 1. Re: Why Can't  I post to CS3 H__L?
          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional
          >I do feel however that just USING so called bad language should be protected under the right of free speech and ADOBE nor any of its agents have the right to censor that language.

James,

I have to disagree (politely) here. Adobe pays for the servers that host this web site. They pay for the software that runs this forum. They pay for the IT guys that maintain the servers and software.

In short, they own it. Once you own something, you have the right to set up rules that govern how it is used. Your right to absolute free speech ended when you agreed to the terms of use for this forum.

If you set up your own web site that deals with Premiere Pro or any other Adobe products, then you can create rules that allow participants to say whatever they want, if that is your desire.

-Jeff
          • 2. Re: Why Can't  I post to CS3 H__L?
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            >USING so called bad language should be protected under the right of free speech

You are misunderstanding the US law (Constitution) on free speech

This was written 200+ years ago, when "rabble rousers" would use a small printing press, or give speeches in the public square, and was designed so the Government could not suppress that speech

That means that you, as the owner of a printing press, may say what you want and the authorities may not suppress that right

That does NOT mean that you, as the owner of a printing press, absolutely must allow someone else to put his/her words in YOUR document... let them get their own printing press

Or, put another way, you may stand in the middle of the town square and falsely yell FIRE all day long... but do the same thing in a crowded theater, where someone is hurt in the rush to get out, and you will go to jail (and be sued by those who were injured)

So... if you want personal attacks and swearing in YOUR discussion forum... go right ahead

Just don't expect anyone else to allow those things... that is not free speech according to the law, that is simply following the established rules

Just my $.02 worth
            • 3. Re: Why Can't  I post to CS3 H__L?
              Steven L. Gotz Level 5
              Adobe is better off not allowing personal attacks. It wasn't the language itself, but rather, the personal attack that was eliminated. His, and then my response.
              • 4. Re: Why Can't  I post to CS3 H__L?
                Level 1
                Guys, as we should all know by now, these discussions get a lot more play in the Video Lounge.
                http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.1dea22a5/

Feel free to have your say there. These forum areas should be used for discussions on the software, not to talk about the forums themselves.