2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2008 11:32 AM by (Rory_Isaacson)

CS3: Audio lags (out of sync) in preview

I use the BlackMagic Intensity Pro capture card to capture/edit video. Up until the latest update, I've been using CS3 to capture, 2.0 to edit and CS3 to export. The reason for this is that ever since I got CS3, there has been a major problem with previewing my projects- the audio lags about a second behind everything else. As minor a problem as this may seem, it makes it unusable for me. Well, I recently upgraded to the latest version of the Intensity Pro software and captured a whole bunch of video with CS3, like I always do. Now for some reason, I can't import any of it into 2.0 without the whole program crashing. I'm guessing this i just because 2.0 is just plain outdated and I don't think BlackMagic even officially supports it anymore. Now my only option in order to get my current project done is to finally figure out what the problem with CS3 is. I have an Intel Quad Core CPU, 4GB of RAM and a 1GB ATI Radeon 3870x2 video card, so the hardware is not an issue. I also just did a complete format of my system, reinstalled Premiere + updates as well as the Intensity software, and that also didn't solve it. I really need to figure this out, so if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.
        • 1. Re: CS3: Audio lags (out of sync) in preview
          Colin Brougham Level 6
          Your assertion that the Intensity won't work with PP2.0 because the software is a few too many revisions old is probably correct. The bigger question, of course, is getting the lag issue figured out in CS3.

This is a somewhat of a shot in the dark, as I don't have an Intensity card, but I do have a BM DeckLink SP card. In the Audio Hardware setup in PPro's Preferences, I need to set the Default Device option to "DeckLink Audio" instead of "Premiere Pro Windows Sound". If I leave it on "Premiere Pro Windows Sound", the audio is out of sync with the video; setting it to "DeckLink Audio" puts everything back together again.

Again, this applies to the DeckLink series of cards, so no guarantees that it's the same deal with Intensity, but it's worth a look.
          • 2. Re: CS3: Audio lags (out of sync) in preview
            Level 1
            Well, that's what it was on originally, however if that option is set I can't hear anything as it's trying to output the sound to the card, rather than my speakers. Plus I never had this problem with 2.0, even when it was set to Premiere Pro Windows Sound.