10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2008 2:53 PM by shooternz

How do you link two audio clips to one video clip?

Fighting Sticks Level 2
      Hi guys,
      I want to think multiple audio clips to one video clip and aint know how to do it! I found this page on Adobe knowledge base:-
      http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/PremierePro/3.0/help.html?content=WS1c9bc5c2e465a58a91cf0b 1038518aef7-7f40.html
      It says you can do it but I don't think it explains how? Can anyone provide me with the simple steps required to link two audio clips to one video clip? Many thanks.
      • 0. Re: How do you link two audio clips to one video clip?
        shooternz Level 6
        Try SHift>CliCK on the tracks you want to link.
        • 2. Re: How do you link two audio clips to one video clip?
          (C._David_Young) Level 1
          You can use a virtual clip. Just create a timeline and put the video and audio clips as you like. Then use that timeline as a virtual clip in another timeline.
          • 3. Re: How do you link two audio clips to one video clip?
            Fighting Sticks Level 2
            And Craig Howard saves my bacon! Thanks man, I would have chimped on the keyboard for hours trying to figure that sinch.
            • 4. Re: How do you link two audio clips to one video clip?
              shooternz Level 6
              Shift Click is kind of a standard for multiple selections in many apps.

BTW - ALT>Click is deselect links
              • 5. Re: How do you link two audio clips to one video clip?
                Jim_Simon Level 8
                I'd have just lassoed the clips myself, then right click and select Link.
                • 6. Re: How do you link two audio clips to one video clip?
                  shooternz Level 6
                  Have to be careful doing that cause you could fall off your horse.
                  • 7. Re: How do you link two audio clips to one video clip?
                    Jim_Simon Level 8
                    Then I just get right back on...
                    • 8. Re: How do you link two audio clips to one video clip?
                      Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                      > I would have chimped on the keyboard for hours

lol
                      • 9. Re: How do you link two audio clips to one video clip?
                        Fighting Sticks Level 2
                        I always like putting up my solution to problems I encounter. First I click wide on the timeline to make sure nothing is selected. Then while holding the shift key down left mouse click on the video clip then all the audio clips I want to link to the video. This dark green highlights them all, the >Clip and >Group (link didn't work). I found I could then drag the clip and all the audios would follow. Jolly good.