3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2008 8:58 AM by Jim_Simon

Track Matte??

Premiere CS3

Vast proportion of my usage of Premiere is to annotate (through Titles)- however some of the media I work one requires information to be blanked out - as the object being blanked tends to move around the screen, please could you advise me if this is possible in CS3 for a travelling matte, and the steps required to fulfil this task.

Many thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Track Matte??
          Level 1
          Elliott_Cook@adobeforums.com wrote:
          > Premiere CS3
          >
          > Vast proportion of my usage of Premiere is to annotate (through Titles)- however some of the media I work one requires information to be blanked out - as the object being blanked tends to move around the screen, please could you advise me if this is possible in CS3 for a travelling matte, and the steps required to fulfil this task.
          >
          > Many thanks in advance.

You animate the postion properties of the matte.
          • 2. Re: Track Matte??
            the_wine_snob Level 9
            Ellliot,

Curt Wrigley has a good tutorial on the Track Matte at:
            http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotutorial/tutdes_ppro2_smoothface.htm

Interpolate the "softening of the facial features" with whatever treatment you wish to use to "blank" out the object. The principle is exactly the same. You just need to Keyframe Position (and maybe the size) to "move" the Track Matte.

Good luck,

Hunt
            • 3. Re: Track Matte??
              Jim_Simon Level 8
              I believe After Effects might be the easier way to do this, as it has a 'tracking' feature that creates the keyframes automatically.