1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2008 12:28 PM by Eddie Lotter

Need Assistance with syncing audio/video

Alright, I hope you guys can help with this because I've looked high and low and can't find any answers.

Here's what I'd like to do. I'm using Premiere CS3 to edit HD footage shot on a Panasonic HVX2000 (in .mxf format). Audio was recorded separately on a Marantz solid state recorder.

I bring the video clip into the timeline, and then delete the onboard camera audio. Then I bring in the audio from the Marantz. Using the slate I sync the audio and video together. Then I link both files.

NOW...

The problem comes with what to do next. What I want to do is create a new subclip that features the synced audio and video. I want to be able to go through my footage, sync all the sound, put these combined files back into a bin for later.

OTHERWISE... the way I see it, I'd have to re-sync every time I wanted to bring in another instance of that clip... or have an instance of EVERY CLIP in my film on the timeline at once for me to pick and choose from.

In Final Cut Pro (which I had at school but don't have now), you could just drag the linked audio and video clips from the timeline to the Project window and it was automatic.

Can someone PLEASE help me figure out the equivalent function in Premiere? Even looking in the user manual there's a heading for creating subclips from the timeline, but then there's nothing under the heading explaining it.

Thanks in advance!

-Nick