2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2008 12:24 PM by Webshark2000

Short Christmas video-How can I do it?

(Dougie_Campbell) Level 1
      I would like to make a general short 45 sec Christmas video(with music) to email to people.I would guess that most people will be on broadband so around 1mb would be acceptible.
      My question is simply can this be done at that duration and under 1mb and, if so, what format would I need to save it in?

Many Thanks
        • 1. Re: Short Christmas video-How can I do it?
          Level 1
          Dougie_Campbell@adobeforums.com wrote:
          > I would like to make a general short 45 sec Christmas video(with music) to email to people.I would guess that most people will be on broadband so around 1mb would be acceptible.
          > My question is simply can this be done at that duration and under 1mb and, if so, what format would I need to save it in?
          >
          > Many Thanks

You can make a video any duration you want.

If you know that your going to send you video to people with windows
          machines, then, you best bet is a Windows Media File (WMV) format. You
          can adjust the quality to control file size. Lower quality means means
          smaller file. You can probably compress a 45 sec video to less than a
          Meg and keep decent quality. You will have to do some trial and error to
          look at the results yourself and decide.
          • 2. Re: Short Christmas video-How can I do it?
            Webshark2000 Level 1
            I would suggest trying one of the preset WMV compressions that Premiere Pro offers. Once you have your video finished on your timeline, go to File and down to Export. Choose "Adobe Media Encoder". Under "Format" choose the bottom one which is "Windows Media". Under "Preset" there are a number of choices. I'd try NTSC Source to download 512Mbps first, since that will make your video 320x240 resolution. That is set at an average bitrate of 400 Kbps. If the file ends up too big, or too little you can adjust the bitrate up or down under "Advanced Settings".

If the people you are sending this to have broadband, you could really make the video 4-5MB and it still wouldn't take but a minute to two to download. Just try and keep it under 10MB because many e-mail providers won't accept attachments over 10MB.

I send WMVs through e-mail all the time and 320x240 is a good resolution for watching it on your computer.