5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2008 8:22 AM by (Sambo)

hardware issues

Level 1
      I have a Matrox RTX2 LE installed in a PC with a ATI Radeon 4850 512MB Graphic card (Motherboard INTEL DG33TL). The ATI is installed in the PCI Express x.16 slot and the Matrox is in the PCI Express x1 slot near to it.
      When I'm working in Premiere CS3 the computer restarts by itself and sometimes the project file becames corrupted. I then installed a fan in front of the cards and the temperature now is about 32 Celsius for the Matrox and about 52 Celsius for the ATI. I have updated the ATI driver, but the problem continues. I think the ATI Radeon is the culprit, but I cannot be sure.
      Any sugestion?
        • 1. Re: hardware issues
          Harm Millaard Level 7
          My guess is it may be Matrox related. Remove the Matrox and all it's software to be sure.
          • 2. Re: hardware issues
            Level 1
            This restarting sintom occurred (less frequently) when I runned Premiere before buying the RTX2 and my computer had a GeForce 8200 graphic card.
            For this reason I think that this problem is happening for another reason.
            • 3. Re: hardware issues
              Eddie Lotter Level 4

Some troubleshooting tips.

Cheers
              Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
              - Over 300 frequently answered questions
              - Over 250 free tutorials
              - Maintained by editors like you
              Forum FAQ
              • 4. Re: hardware issues
                In my experience spontaneous restart is usually caused by excess heat. I <br />would look to your cpu heatsink fan or general dust buildup.<br />If your HSF is starting to go out it can have intermittent slowdowns that <br />cause the cpu temp to spike. Dust aculumination in the cpu or chipset <br />heatsinks can cause inefficient cooling.<br /><br />Jeff<br /><br /><sergio_b_netto@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b75bf7.-1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />>I have a Matrox RTX2 LE installed in a PC with a ATI Radeon 4850 512MB <br />>Graphic card (Motherboard INTEL DG33TL). The ATI is installed in the PCI <br />>Express x.16 slot and the Matrox is in the PCI Express x1 slot near to it.<br />> When I'm working in Premiere CS3 the computer restarts by itself and <br />> sometimes the project file becames corrupted. I then installed a fan in <br />> front of the cards and the temperature now is about 32 Celsius for the <br />> Matrox and about 52 Celsius for the ATI. I have updated the ATI driver, <br />> but the problem continues. I think the ATI Radeon is the culprit, but I <br />> cannot be sure.<br />> Any sugestion?
                • 5. Re: hardware issues
                  Level 1
                  In addition to the above listed causes.... your power supply could also be <br />the problem... it could be over taxed (less than 500W output) by the second <br />VGA card. The power supply could be delivering inconsistent power to the MB <br />because of age or overheating (dust related). the only way to check this is <br />with a multi meter.<br /><br />An aside: the INTEL DG33TL MB has an on board VGA controller and 1 PCIE 16x <br />slot, according to the manual this one connector is the only PCIE slot <br />listed for a graphics card. Have you tried Intel MB tech support?<br /><br />Jeff<br /><br /><br /><Sambo@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:98400413B93FC8BDDD151A89E541B64D@in.webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> In my experience spontaneous restart is usually caused by excess heat. I <br />> would look to your cpu heatsink fan or general dust buildup.<br />> If your HSF is starting to go out it can have intermittent slowdowns that <br />> cause the cpu temp to spike. Dust aculumination in the cpu or chipset <br />> heatsinks can cause inefficient cooling.<br />><br />> Jeff<br />><br />> <sergio_b_netto@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />> news:59b75bf7.-1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />>>I have a Matrox RTX2 LE installed in a PC with a ATI Radeon 4850 512MB <br />>>Graphic card (Motherboard INTEL DG33TL). The ATI is installed in the PCI <br />>>Express x.16 slot and the Matrox is in the PCI Express x1 slot near to it.<br />>> When I'm working in Premiere CS3 the computer restarts by itself and <br />>> sometimes the project file becames corrupted. I then installed a fan in <br />>> front of the cards and the temperature now is about 32 Celsius for the <br />>> Matrox and about 52 Celsius for the ATI. I have updated the ATI driver, <br />>> but the problem continues. I think the ATI Radeon is the culprit, but I <br />>> cannot be sure.<br />>> Any sugestion?<br />><br />>