4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2009 5:16 PM by (ninaking)

flv quality

rockyweih Level 1
      I'm adding some video to my web page. I exported (CS3) using the Adobe Flash codec set to 512 for a 640x480 file. I tried it as 256 but it looked kind of poor at 240x320. The file size is 16 mb. Is that to big for a web page video? I have not uploaded yet, I just tried it in my computer. Does anyone have any other sugestions? Thanks PS I am trying the JW FLV Media Player 4.2 for now. Is there a differance in quality play back on the player? Thanks
        • 1. Re: flv quality
          Level 1
          rocky_weih@adobeforums.com wrote:
          > I'm adding some video to my web page. I exported (CS3) using the
          > Adobe Flash codec set to 512 for a 640x480 file. I tried it as 256
          > but it looked kind of poor at 240x320. The file size is 16 mb. Is
          > that to big for a web page video? I have not uploaded yet, I just
          > tried it in my computer. Does anyone have any other sugestions?
          > Thanks PS I am trying the JW FLV Media Player 4.2 for now. Is there a
          > differance in quality play back on the player? Thanks

The file size is no problem for anyone with at least a 700+ DSL
          connection. Sounds like your video is somewhere around 7 or 8 minutes long.

You can get a little boost in quality with a VBR 2 Pass encode in flash,
          but, as I recall, you can only get a single pass encode out of the
          version installed in Adobe.
          • 2. Re: flv quality
            rockyweih Level 1
            You are right. The Adobe encoder only shows one pass. It has a place to adjust the bit rate but thats it. Maybe I can check into a stand alone encode later on. Thanks
            • 3. Re: flv quality
              Level 1
              rocky_weih@adobeforums.com wrote:
              > You are right. The Adobe encoder only shows one pass. It has a place to adjust the bit rate but thats it. Maybe I can check into a stand alone encode later on. Thanks

They are using the On2 flash encoder, which I've always found to give
              excellent results. You can by a Pro version from On2, which gives you
              the 2pass options, but it has to be used standalone.
              • 4. Re: flv quality
                hi rocky weih,

For playing on websites, you have many choices, such as FLV, SWF, and HTML, or WMV, AVI (as YouTube accepts).

WMV and AVI files are much larger in size, you can use FLV, SWF, and HTML.

i used Flash Video MX Pro convert QuickTime to swf and upload it on my web,it works well,maybe you can try.

http://www.video-to-flash.com/video_to_flash

video to flash