1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 7, 2009 7:39 AM by Webshark2000

Windows Media Format Problems

Webshark2000 Level 1
      I've encoded numerous videos using Premiere Pro to the WMV format without problems, but for some reason when I went to create a WMV today there was no audio.

I'm not sure why this problem suddenly occurred since no software had been installed or removed since the last time I created a WMV and it worked fine before.

I uninstalled the Windows Media Encoder and Windows Media Player 11 (which took it back to version 9) and the audio came back, but now every WMV I create is sped up as if it's playing in fast-forward.

All WMVs that were created prior to today play fine, so it's definitely a problem in the encoding. It seems to only do this when I use CBR for the audio. If I use VBR it seems to work, but I haven't done extensive testing to see if there are multiple settings it works or doesn't work at.

What should I do to try and fix this problem?

System Specs:
      Win XP Pro 32-bit
      Core2 Quad 2.66Ghz
      Intel D975XBX2 Motherboard
      4GB RAM
      GeForce 7600GT
      Matrox RT.X2
        • 1. Re: Windows Media Format Problems
          Webshark2000 Level 1
          I was able to fix this problem. It was an issue with the Windows Media Player playing back files that were encoded in different ways. For some reason it was playing back files which were encoded with WM Audio Voice v9 at high speed. If they were encoded using WM Audio 9.2, they were fine. After uninstalling and reinstalling Media Player version 11 it seems to have fixed the problem. Not sure what caused the initial problem, but there you have it.