5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2009 10:18 PM by (ninaking)

Converting to swf

Premiere doesn't export to .swf so I've been trying to find online converters that will allow me to do so. However, with each one comes a new glitch in the .swf - is there a simple way to export from Premiere or convert to .swf?
        • 1. Re: Converting to swf
          Webshark2000 Level 1
          Well, a swf file is a Flash file, but you're trying to create a flash video, which is an flv file which would then go inside of a swf file.

For example, the videos you see on YouTube and other similar sites are flash, but the player is the swf file while the videos themselves are flv files.

If you have Adobe Flash, it comes with a built-in converter to make your video files flash video files and it also comes with video players built-in. Then from flash, you export your project as a swf file which includes the player and can either include the video as well or it points to the location of the video.
          • 2. Re: Converting to swf
            Level 1
            I tried that but am still having issues. I've imported the .flv into Adobe Flash CS3 Pro and figured out how to export it as .swf. However, when I play it back it - the audio is fine but the video is playing in slow-motion. Perhaps this has something to do with the settings??
            • 3. Re: Converting to swf
              Webshark2000 Level 1
              Yep. It has to do with the framerate of your project in Flash. Make sure it's set to the same framerate as your video. If it's standard def NTSC it should be 30fps, if it's HD it may need to be 60fps.

You can change the framerate by going to "Modify -> Document" or just pressing Ctrl+J.
              • 4. Re: Converting to swf
                akribie Level 2
                But before going that route, make sure you are fully conversant with the Flash documentation on the relative merits of SWF and FLV for video files in Flash on the web.
                • 5. Re: Converting to swf
                  Level 1
                  hi,guy,

you can try

FLV Importer Pro for Adobe Premiere

hope it can help you.