5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2009 5:06 AM by (kosmas_synadinos)

Part of  "OUTPUT-VTS-01-2" is not "IMPORTED" into ProCS3

Level 1
      I want to reedit in ProCS3 an old wedding DVD-R.
      As always I used my "#1 Video Converter" to convert the DVD (mpeg)into a number of "Output-VTS" (avi) files.

In this occasion only 3 out of 4 "Output-VTS-" files are succesfully imported into the CS3 Timeline, but one (Output-VTS-01-2) misses its last 30% of the footage.

When I import this converted "Output-VTS-01-2" file into Premiere 6.01 (MATROX RT2500)I have no problem. All footage is there. I then export it as an AVI file which I can then import it into the CS3.....

So, I have a problem with CS3 which I cannot resolve. I have been using this method succesfully many times before.

NOTE: This DVD-R was created years ago using ULEAD WORKSHOP. Is it possible that CS3 sometimes (never before) plays tricks if one does not use DVDs created using Adobe Encore? I doubt it...

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
      Kosmas
        • 1. Re: Part of  "OUTPUT-VTS-01-2" is not "IMPORTED" into ProCS3
          OsakaWebbie Level 1
          The Ulead vs. Encore DVD creation is not likely to be an issue - by the time it becomes a VOB file encoded as MPEG2 it should be pretty vanilla. Also, if compatibility were a problem, I would think the clip wouldn't open at all (and the first three clips wouldn't have worked either).

When you say that the DVD was converted into "a number of AVI files", do those correspond to what were originally VOB files on the DVD, or is the relationship more complex than that? If that fourth AVI was created from 70% one VOB and %30 the next one, perhaps something happened in the attempt to connect the content at that point. Just brainstorming - I have never used the "#1" software you used, and I have never tried bringing DVD files all the way back to PPro (only as far as Encore, to use them again with different menus and such). But more information might be helpful, particularly about the VOB structure you started with and its relationship to the resulting AVIs.
          • 2. Re: Part of  "OUTPUT-VTS-01-2" is not "IMPORTED" into ProCS3
            Level 1
            Ms.aren,

>>When you say that the DVD was converted into "a number of AVI files", do those correspond to what were originally VOB files on the DVD<<

Yes they do.

When I use the said converter (#1 Video Converter" a DVD-R (mpeg2) is converted to a VIDEO-TS and an AUDIO-TS file. The VIDEO-TS file then contains a number of "Output-VTS" files. In my particular situation only the 2nd file is not converted completely.
            Thanks for trying...
            Kosmas
            • 3. Re: Part of  "OUTPUT-VTS-01-2" is not "IMPORTED" into ProCS3
              Level 1
              Further examination reveals that each of the 4 "Output-VTS" (avi) files have lost footage at the end of each segment......and there does not seem to be a size issue because some of the segments were imported in sizes of 17 to 30GB each.

Still no problem getting complete AVIs in my old Premiere 6.01 (with MATROX RT2500).
              So, it seems we now have more issues with the quality of the Adobe Pr. Pro CS3, etc.
              Kosmas
              • 4. Re: Part of  "OUTPUT-VTS-01-2" is not "IMPORTED" into ProCS3
                Ruud Blauw Level 1
                >...in sizes of 17 to 30GB each.

Assuming that each of the VOB files didn't contain much more than half an hour of video I would expect a size of around 7GB if the converted files were DV AVI.

Can you check which codec is used inside your AVIs? (E.g. with GSpot .)
                • 5. Re: Part of  "OUTPUT-VTS-01-2" is not "IMPORTED" into ProCS3
                  Level 1
                  Ruud, hello,

The entire DVD-R was about 1 1/2 hr long. When I used the "#1Video Converter" on the DVD's VIDEO-TS folder I received 4 "OUTPUT-VTS-01-1,
                  OUTPUT-VTS-01-2, etc.

As an example: OUTPUT-VTS-01-1 its properties:
                  GSPOT states "No CODEC required"
                  720X480
                  Duration 24:44
                  Bit Rate 1411 bps
                  Audio sample rate 16 bit, PCM
                  Frame Rate 30 fr/sec
                  Data rate 665 kbps
                  video sample size 16 bit, uncompressed

Yesterday I used another Converter (AVS) succesfully producing AVIs that were accepted by A. Pr. Pro CS3....