0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2009 11:35 AM by (euroman)

Are *.MPEG2TS files somthing a software Blu-ray player should recognise?

Purchased Product = WinDVD 9 plus Blu-ray as a retail boxed product from PC World in the UK.
      Problem = Above product does not appear to support reading Blu-ray files created in Adobe Encore CS3.
      Adobe Encore CS3 user manual states = Building the finished product - Blu-ray folder builds a Blu-ray directory folder structure on your hard drive. You can play the program using a Blu-ray software player and the directory behaves behaves just like a disc, including having full navigational abilities.
      The rusulting folder produce by Adobe contains, amongst other sub-folders, a list of files in a BDMV folder with a sub-folder named Stream which contains a list of files with MPEG2TS extensions (i.e. *.MPEG2TS).
      The Blu-ray folder has been built in 1080p resolution.
      I purchased WinDVD 9 plus Blu-ray software in order to play the Blu-ray files prior to burning to Blu-ray Discs. The retail box states on the outside that the product supports MPEG-2 HD.
      Therefore my question is this, are the *.MPEG2TS Adobe encore files produced not a universal standard and what is the difference between *.MPEG2TS and MPEG-2HD.
      Computer is a Sony Vaio VGN-AR71ZU Laptop running Vista Ultimate SP1 with two e-SATA external HDD enclosures connected via Sonett Tempo SATA ExpressCard|34 interface. Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 2.50GHz Processor, 4GB DDR2 SD RAM, NVidia Ge Force 8600M GT CPU Graphics. System drive consists of two 320Gb HDD's in RAID 0 configuration, and a Blu-ray Read/Write optical drive. In Standard Definition the files are contained within the Video-TS folder and work fine.