2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2009 9:01 AM by nevessa

API Failure on MOV export

I've lost the ability to export to an MOV. When I installed the latest version of Quicktime on my PC, when I export to an MOV with Premiere CS3, I get a "Error API Failure" message at the end of the render, then the file disappears. I've uninstalled quicktime, installed 7.4, 7.3, then 7.1 with no change, still the same error. Is there any solution to this problem? I was once able to render to MOV files, Quicktime is the only thing that's changed and it appears I can't change it back, or at least I don't know how correctly.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: API Failure on MOV export
          Eddie Lotter Level 4

Possibly: Error:API failure

Cheers
          Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
          - Over 300 frequently answered questions
          - Over 250 free tutorials
          - Maintained by editors like you
          Forum FAQ
          • 2. Re: API Failure on MOV export
            nevessa

I was having a similar error with a WMV export. Just one sequence out of many that gave me a problem. It happened repeatedly about halfway thru, even after rebooting . I thought maybe its a particular shot in the sequence so I divided the sequence into thirds but each rendered suceesfully. So it wasnt that. I noticed something else strange in the process. When I defined the work area for the last third it consistently misinterpeted the area to be rendered to the whole sequence unless I moved the end point back by one frame. Hmmmm. On a hunch I added a second of black at the top of the sequence and a few at the end and voila! it all rendered perfectly. No idea what's really going on here but that worked for me. Good luck.