3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2009 11:38 PM by Dan Isaacs

Frame rate problem

i have a project which was shooted in two different frame rates one camera
      person shoot on 24fps and the other camera person shoot on 25 fps

now i am working on 24 fps project in the premeir cs3 with cineform

now i need to canvert 25fps in to 24fps with out blening effect

how it is possible

please help me
        • 1. Re: Frame rate problem
          Jim_Simon Level 8
          Frame rate may be only part of the issue. 24fps is usually NTSC. 25 fps is usually PAL. The two don't mix well.
          • 2. Re: Frame rate problem
            (C._David_Young) Level 1
            This is tough. I think you are going to have to live with some frame blending. It would seem that it might be better to render out the 24 fps as 25 fps but it appears that you want the end product to be 24 fps. In that case, you will need to render out the 25 fps to 24 fps. I don't know what happens if you just add a 25 fps clip to a 24 fps timeline. Perhaps Premiere handles it automatically. My experience is that there will be frame blending involved in any framerate conversion within Premiere. The only way to avoid it is to convert the 25 fps footage to 24 fps using an external tool or Frameserver/AviSynth. But if you don't use frame blending you will get some unevenness and possibly even some frame tearing.
            • 3. Re: Frame rate problem
              Dan Isaacs Level 2
              How about a 4% slowdown? Try forcing the framerate via interpret footage to 23.976 fps and edit in a 23.976 fps project. Does that work?