2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2009 8:23 AM by Jim_Simon

Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 image on student machines

link470 Level 1
      Hello! At the beginning of the 2008/2009 school year I installed Adobe Creative Suite 3: Master Collection on some of our school computers, a media lab. All the applications work great, such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, etc. The one application we can't get to work for the life of us is Adobe Premiere Pro CS3. It works on my machine in my office, which is a standalone box, but for machines which have been sysprepped and imaged, it doesn't work the same. It will render videos fine if they're slideshows made from individual pictures and music. But as soon as you try to add video, Premiere either crashes, or bluescreens. Happens on any one of the 30 computers in the lab, and my computer in my office which it works perfectly on, is identical hardware. Exact same builds. Only difference is mine wasn't sysprepped and Ghosted, and I'm an Administrator.

The other interesting thing, is none of the machines will capture. Not a single one. They all show "Capture device offline", but when I plug the cameras into my machine, it picks up perfectly. So tell me, to install Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, do I need to install individually on every machine? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Also, the students are not local administrators. They're just "Domain Users" on a Windows XP machine part of a server 2003 domain.

Thanks! I look forward to your replies.