This content has been marked as final. Show 9 replies
I forgot to mention, I experience the same behavior with wav's and wma's.
HP Dual Core Intel Processor
Windows Vista SP1
Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 3.2.0
If I double click on any sound file, it comes up in the source monitor with no waveform and plays silence instead of audio. Clearly it can read the file, tell me properties of that file, and know how long the soundwave is, but no waveform or sound.
Source, project settings, trial, OS, ingest method?
Source: All video is in DV format and plays as expected
Not trial software
Ingest method: DV Firewire capture, otherwise the sound files are already on my HDD (assuming I understood what this means)
Editing Mode DV NTSC
Timebase 29.97 FPS
Frame Size 720x480
Display Format 30fps Drop-Frame Timecode
Audio Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Audio Display Format: Audio Samples
Capture Format: DV Capture
Let me be clear that yes, the video track audio plays fine. Also, a .WAV that I had imported into the project a week ago before the problem arose still plays fine FROM THE TIMELINE but not in the source monitor.
Any new clips I pull into the timeline or into the source monitor do not play.
Please let me know what other details you might want.
Start a new project and try the clips that don't work. See what happens.
What has changed in your system in the past weeks?
Before I list more details let me just mention that Jim's suggestion worked... odd that I didn't think to do that before. I've tried importing the existing project into this new project and it looks like that's going to work albeit with a little bit of inconvenience.
Here's likely a major detail that I left out. I finally got CS4, and installed it on the same machine with CS3. I had opened up the project a few days ago in Premiere CS4 but CS4 said it wouldn't change the project file whatsoever. I'm suspecting that CS4 did SOMETHING that affected the project. I don't know what else it'd be.
The only other significant changes of which I'm aware are installing MySQL and iTunes... though the latter has run on this machine before with no effects to Adobe software. MySQL is just a database system so I don't see what problem that could cause.
In this case it may well be using the project both with CS3 and CS4 caused this problem, but there have been instances where iTunes was the culprit. Anyway, it is resolved. Happy editing.