5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2009 10:41 AM by (adam_gold)

PREMIERE PRO CS3 CRASHES CONSTANTLY

BIGBOYFILMZ
      KEEPS CRASHING

HELP, I AM USING A MIXTURE OF FOOTAGE

MOV, MPG2, AND WHEN I SOMETIME SCLICK OR PLAYBACK ADOBE JUST CRASHES, EVERYTIME. I DONT WANT TO REINSTALL OR REFORMAT FOR THE 50TH TIME.

WHAT THE HELL?
        • 1. Re: PREMIERE PRO CS3 CRASHES CONSTANTLY
          Harm Millaard Level 7
          You have a serious CAPS LOCK problem. If that is not the cause, look at the bold link at the top of the forum page "How to pose aquestion..."
          • 2. Re: PREMIERE PRO CS3 CRASHES CONSTANTLY
            Hi,

the same for me. CS3 is not usable on the Mac! 1-3 crashes every day.

Adobe can you please help us? Can you please offer a free update or something else?

This is definatly no apple problem because my macbook is rockstable. It´s just Adobe PP that crashes the hole time an i think it is not fair to buy a programm for a huge ammout that keeps crashing the hole time. I can´t work professionally with PP CS3 on a Mac and i´m not willing to update because i don´t need any new features! I just need PPCS to be running without errors on my mac!

By the way i reinstalled my Mac OSX 5 times with all updates and the same for PP CS3.2!
            I think this is enought.

Can you please help Adobe?

Andi
            • 3. Re: PREMIERE PRO CS3 CRASHES CONSTANTLY
              Harm Millaard Level 7
              Read the top of the page right beneath the Adobe logo. Four words in large font spell it out for you.
              • 4. Re: PREMIERE PRO CS3 CRASHES CONSTANTLY
                Phil Griffith Level 2
                and watch out for that "hole" in time.
                • 5. Re: PREMIERE PRO CS3 CRASHES CONSTANTLY
                  Level 1
                  Andi, Chris--

First things first. Premiere, for all its features and capabilities (and perhaps *because* of same) is known for being notoriously unstable for many, but not all, users. It's not exclusive to Mac or PC platform. And based on my experience, Final Cut is no better.

Second, what Harm is trying to say is that this is a user forum and has no official supervision by anyone at Adobe. So pleas and entreaties to them to fix something will go unread. Your best bet is to go to the Adobe support pages and search their knowledge base for your problem and do what they recommend in terms of optimizing your system. Unfocused rants here will not help solve your problems.

Third, note that typing in ALL CAPS is rude and frowned upon and makes you sound irrational, and no one wants to help an irrational person.

Fourth -- and I assume we simply have a language barrier problem here -- the web version of this forum has a spell-checker right next to the "post" button. Please use it to show that you are taking the same care in posting your question as you expect from us in trying to help you. There are also spell-checkers built into many web browsers and plug-ins, such as the Google toolbar.

Fifth, Chris -- mixing footage on the timeline is a bad idea because it frequently results in the problem you are having, and .mov is not an ideal format for editing, particularly not in Premiere. You might try Prospect HD from Cineform to convert all your footage into one that is easily edited in Premiere.

Sixth, read. Go back and read any post that looks like it refers to a problem similar to yours. Chances are your questions have been asked and answered many times already.

And finally, of course you must read Harm's post on how to ask a question effectively so we can help you. Go up one level from here to do so.